Tuesday, September 22, 2020

Pumpkin Spice and Tom Yum Soup

 

This was on sale at Whole Foods, so I decided to try it. It's really nice. Because it's unsweetened, the pumpkin spice flavor really shines. And it's nice and thick and creamy. I love it with Chai tea and also maple flavored coffee!

If you like your coffee of tea to have a little extra flavor but not so much sugar, I noticed Nut Pods have several flavors and all are vegan and all are unsweetened!


I remember the first time I tried Tom Yum soup at some tiny little restaurant in Seattle. It was such a delicious explosion of flavors I was hooked. I haven't had it in years, definitely since moving to Utah. I've been feeling a bit off lately, so yesterday was a great time for some soothing soup!


I wish I would have had some fresh lemongrass to add to the soup, but a nice squeeze of lime at the end really brightened everything up. This was soothing to my soul in many ways.

I also would like to thank Etta for being my background model in two of the three pictures!

7 comments:

  1. Etta, so casually glamourous!
    Pumpkin spice really isn't a thing here in Australia. I guess when you are all pumpkin spicing it up in your Autumn, it is spring down here. I did have a PSL once but it had no coffee (good, because gross) and had actual pumpkin in it, which I don't think is what PSL is in the US... it is just the spices, yes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's my model!
      Yes, here it's the spices that I guess go into pumpkin pie. They put it on everything, even chips which I refuse to try. I draw the line at coffee, creamer and other sweet things. But I don't cross that savory line!

      Delete
    2. .... You know I would cross that savoury line. I wouldn't be able to help myself!

      Delete
  2. Soup can be so soothing! Glad you got some comfort food.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love soup so much, and it was especially comforting having something I have such fond memories of.

      Delete
  3. Oooh, I will have to look for that creamer. I love Nutpods, and I'm solidly in the PSL in everything camp!! That Tom Yum Soup looks so tasty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so good, I especially love how thick and creamy it is, a little goes a long way!!
      Itt was so good! I need to get more of that paste, or I guess I could try and learn how to make it myself.

      Delete