Saturday, September 5, 2020

Le Love

 I couldn't wait for a recipe inspiration to try the Big Mountain Foods breakfast sausages. So, I decided to cook one up plain, and see what I was working with. They are soy and gluten free, pea protein seems to be the main base, with spinach, garlic and onion powder and maple syrup. I just heated it in a pan with a smidge of oil.



Sorry my hand wasn't the steadiest but as you can kind of see the texture is almost similar to Beyond sausage, but it's much less greasy. There was no oil in the pan after cooking this, complete opposite of Beyond. Taste wise these reminded me of like an apple-y peppery sausage. I didn't get strong breakfast vibes, but that's good because these can go breakfast or other meals. Eleven out of ten, will buy again!!


Last night I made another amazing Wil Yeung recipe! This is vegan peanut chili noodles, and it is of course out of this world! Here is the recipe if you'd like to try. 

This was made in one pot, and took under twenty minutes including prepping ingredients. I subbed rice noodles for udon to keep it gluten free, and added edamame instead of bamboo shoots. I will definitely be making this a million more times!


You guys, if you love fizzy water the way I do, you must try this flavor!! OMG, it's so freaking refreshing! I remember the dark days of plain, and if you were lucky lemon and lime being the only options for fizzy water. Now that it's popular there are so many flavors and flavor combos!!


I know I've mentioned this flavor before, but it deserves another mention! GT's is not my favorite kombucha at all, but this flavor is hands down one of my favorite of all time. I've only seen it at Trader Joe's, and it's always a hard choice between this and their grapefruit water kefir!  Eleven out of ten!


3 comments:

  1. Oddly enough, after going into quarantine I lost my taste for flavored fizzy water and just started flavoring plain selzer, but raspberry lemonade does sound nice! I am so glad the sausage worked out so well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been so long since I've had plain fizzy water, I need to try it again. I've been spoiled by all the different brands and flavors!
      The sausage is really, really nice!

      Delete
  2. Yay! I am so glad the sausage exceeded expectations.

    ReplyDelete