Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Trying Gochujang!

I finally decided to experiment with the Gochujung paste I found last week. It is like a thinner version of miso, except spicy. It is intensely red, and very, very intense in the flavor department.
The flavor is spicy and salty, with a little bit of sweetness popping in to say Hi. I think I'm going to have a lot of fun with this. I just love finding new flavors to play with! I decided to make some tofu and rice lettuce wraps, so I used this to make a dipping sauce. I used about a tablespoon of the Gochujung and added some soy sauce and a little coconut sugar. It was really really tasty. Salty and spicy and a little sweet. My favorite!
I oven baked some tofu, made some rice and chopped some veggies. Super easy meal that felt kind of fancy. Most importantly this meal was very budget friendly!
Such a terrible picture! I was having a hard time getting a good angle, and at a certain point I just had to eat. I'm hoping once I'm all the way settled I can find a free or inexpensive photography class, or maybe I can barter with someone for lessons. I already have the disadvantage of a cheap camera, so if I could learn how to take better pictures it might help. Plus, I have big dreams of being able to afford a real camera some day so I can really show how delicious vegan food is, and I'd hate to have a nice camera but no skills! Anyway, this meal was delicious and fun to eat. Getting to eat with my hands and dip, I'm in. This whole meal was probably around two dollars. And I have leftover rice and tofu.
I ordered my dogwalking flyers this weekend. They're actually postcards, because they were cheaper. But the front says Dogwalking, with my name and number, and the back is blank. I could have gotten writing, or at least color but again that was extra. I figure I can hand write my rates and what not on the back. Maybe it will appeal to some people because of the personal touch? I definitely like personal touches myself. I just hope it's viewed as personal, and not unprofessional. Mother Nature is also being kind to me. This week is only supposed to be in the eighties, so it will be much more comfortable passing out resumes, getting lost, and going to interviews. Believe it or not, temperatures in the eighties feels practically frigid! No joke, Saturday and Sunday were in the seventies, and both days it felt almost chilly! Especially Saturday because the sun wasn't really out! That's what almost one hundred degree temperatures do to you!
Happy Tuesday!


6 comments:

  1. I've never heard of that paste before but it sounds really interesting! I really struggle with photography. I only have my phone and my house has terrible light. I think you do pretty well. To be honest most of my favourite blogs are the ones that don't have uber professional photos. It's the content and personality of the bloggers that always win me as a reader.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It kind of became the rage on vegan YouTube, and I accidentally saw it at the grocery, and I had to try it. It's like a spicy version of miso. Very intense flavor.
      I agree, the blogs that are so polished they seem like a magazine are not always relatable. I always love your pictures!

      Delete
  2. I thought you might be interested in this :) I got an email about it from the Ian Dunbar mailing list. He is a really great positive trainer and one of the featured speakers. It's totally free :) http://prosperouspetbusiness.com/2016-pet-business-conference/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, thanks, I;m going to sign up, it looks like I could learn a lot of useful information! Thanks!!

      Delete
  3. I haven't tired this yet either! Sounds interesting!

    ReplyDelete