Saturday, September 10, 2016

Fighting Off The Cooties!

Kale,mushrooms,oranges,silken tofu,green onions, pasta and vegan brownies on super sale!!
These are the few things I picked up to last me through the weekend. I got some amazing deals! Those brownies are absolutely delicious, and were way on sale because the package was a little dinged. The brownies are sweetened with dates and agave and are seriously delicious, I really recommend these if you see them. They have double chocolate, chocolate raspberry, chocolate blueberry, and also chocolate mint. And the pasta was on sale for sixty nine cents a package! I'm making a recipe from Isa Does It called Goddess noodles, so I needed noodles!
I was feeling a little icky yesterday, like my body wanted to get sick, but luckily I ate tons of vitamin C, and made a spicy mushroom tofu gochujung soup. Everything must have worked together, because I feel fine today. I also took a hot detox bath before bed, with powdered ginger, turmeric, and baking soda. If you ever feel icky, try that bath, I swear by it. It has helped me many, many, many times!
This is pretty much a spicy miso soup. It was warm and salty and spicy, and the white rice was the perfect side. I bet it would be really good with rice noodles, like a spicy noodle soup. So far I'm loving the gochujang.
Here's a close up of the brownies. I am so serious when I say that these are AHMAZING! They are rich and chocolate-y without being too sweet, and just wow. No funky ingredients either. If you like chocolate, TRY THESE!! These are my new favorite splurge, and I hope a lot more boxes get damaged!
Spooning!

Of course it's Saturday, which means it's Caturday, so this was taken this morning. They both woke up when I took this picture and looked at me like "what?" It's so funny that they have no idea how adorable they are!
Happy Caturday!

9 comments:

  1. Looking forward to seeing how your Goddess noodles turn out; I have Isa Does It, but haven't tried that recipe yet. Your soup looks great & such cuddly cuteness, my goodness! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Goddess noodles are sooooo delicious! It really is such a simple recipe, she said she almost didn't put it in the book, and I'm so glad she did!

      Delete
  2. Could you list the amounts of powdered ginger, turmeric & baking soda you put in your bath and is the turmeric powder or fresh? Sounds like it gets in your pores & gets the sickies out. My dad swears by drinking powdered ginger with "water as hot as you can stand it" to sweat out the sickies but a hot bath sounds appealing too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I put about two or three tablespoons of ginger, one tablespoon of turmeric, and about one fourth to one half cup baking soda. If I have epsom salts I add about a cup or two of that to the mix. Just like your dad's ginger water, you want the bath water as hot as you can stand it, and you want to sit in the bath for at least twenty minutes, preferably a half hour! It has really changed my life. I swear that if you feel like you might be coming down with something, and you try this bath you will feel so much better!

      Delete
    2. Thanks for that! A much better alternative to taking pills, I think!

      Delete
  3. Cat Spooning makes me smile LOL
    Hope you are back up to par soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am interested in that bath... though does it make your skin go yellow from the turmeric?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I thought for sure that it would. and maybe even stain my tub, but it totally didn't, and your skin feels amazing after!

      Delete