Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Vegan Beauty Review

Yesterday was an emotional day for me. Not sure why, other than possible monthly hormones. It was one of those days that I would stat crying just completely out of the blue. Although I am a very emotional person, I'm usually able to have some kind of control over myself! I tried to fight it at first, but I finally just went with it. I decided to let myself have a cry day. I actually feel much better today. I feel well rested, like I took a nice long nap. I guess my body just needed to work through some feelings. I read years ago that tears are good for the skin, anti-aging and all that. I decided to double up on my skin beautifying and treat myself to a facial. I had recently picked up a Raw Cacao face mask(I'm so fancy) by a new to me company, Thesis. They use organic ingredients, and are a vegan company. WOOT WOOT! And, I randomly found this at the little old grocery near my apartment.
The mask I have is called Chocolatier's Gift. The ingredients are super simple- Cacao, Kaolin clay, orange peel, sugar, Moroccan Rhassoul clay, allspice and cloves. That's it. It comes in a glass jar, in powder form. You simply mix one teaspoon of the mask with one to two teaspoons water, (I used two) and you have your mask.
Ready to make some supple skin!
It smells sooooooooooo amazing. It smells like chocolate with cloves mixed in. I wanted to eat it. Did anyone else love the weird chocolate Necco Wafers? I used to looooooooove Necco Wafers, and only learned just now they have GELATIN in them. WHY NECCO, WHY???  Gelatin aside, this mask smells like the chocolate Necco wafers tasted, like a spiced chocolate. You put the mask on, and let it do it's magic for fifteen minutes. I think I went closer to twenty. It rinsed off very easily with a damp washcloth. My skin was glowing, and sooo soft after. My face is still vegan buttery soft today. I'm really impressed with this mask, and I look forward to trying other products from this company.
All mixed up!!
I have loved using different masks, and lotions and potions ever since I can remember. When I was a kid, and we would come home from the beach, my mom did not yell "shower everyone" as soon as we walked in the door, she yelled "lotion everyone!" I've scaled back recently, because there are a lot of funky things in a lot of face masks that I don't want on my skin. I have a few homemade masks that I rely on, but it's nice to have one on the ready that isn't full of chemicals. This bottle was a splurge, it was almost twenty dollars(gasp), but it will last forever! A teaspoon made enough to slather my face and neck. Like I said, it was a splurge, and I'm happy to say it was totally worth it!
What do you do to cheer yourself up?

2 comments:

  1. Oh! I love hearing about new vegan products! Thanks for sharing! I will check this out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it too! It feels so nice on your face!

    ReplyDelete