Monday, January 5, 2015

YouTube is my Gym

I know I've talked about this before, but I figured it was an appropriate time of year to bring it up again. If you want to step up your workout game, and gyms aren't your thing for whatever reason, just go to your friend YouTube! There is absolutely any kind of workout you could imagine, and then some. There are even old school Denise Austin videos, legwarmers, shiny leotards and all! And there are five minute workouts, two hour workouts, and everything in between, so it's super easy to find a workout that fits your schedule. And there are workouts for people who live in small spaces, low impact for people who have downstairs neighbors, and workouts for any fitness level. As someone who always preferred vhs, and dvds to gym memberships, YouTube is like all the dvds I could ever imagine!
Some of my favorite channels are Popsugar Fitness, SeanVigueFitness, and Fightmaster Yoga, just to name a few. I also discovered Buti Yoga, which I love, and Hip Hop Abs, which I would never do in a gym because I know I look like the biggest dork ever, but in my own apartment, I'm the queen of hip hop, with all of the abs.  There are workouts with weights, without, workouts for specific parts of your body, anything you could want.
I like to do some type of workout in the morning, before I've done anything else, because I have always found that if I wait until later in the day, it feels easier to excuse not doing it. Sometimes after work, you just want to kick of your shoes, and be done. But I know many people who are very motivated to go to the gym, take a run, etc. after work. That's what is great about working out at home, you can do it whenever you like, and if the weather is crap, you don't have to leave the house!
Even if you are a gym goer, it's nice to have other options or days where making that trip to the gym just is not going to happen.
For me, exercise and eating well go hand in hand to eel my best. I feel not my best, and very of balance when I only am doing one or the other. Getting those endorphins flowing is necessary to mental health, and sanity!
Cheers to working out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment