Saturday, February 2, 2019

Caturday Stuff

I just can't get enough rice, tofu and veggie bowls slathered with spicy peanut sauce! It's a quick meal that's ready in twenty minutes and it just tastes great every single time! And it's a cheap meal that doesn't taste cheap. It tastes like you're treating yourself!
The other night I had some leftover cooked rice and lentils, so I threw those in a pot with potatoes, curry powder and coconut milk and made a curry lentil soup. It was very warming an comforting. A pretty perfect winter meal!
Usually when I think of sesame noodles I think of cold sesame noodles with a tahini or peanut butter based sauce. Yesterday I Googled vegan sesame noodles and found a few different versions that were soy sauce based so I tried something new!! I used this recipe. Instead of harissa sauce I used sambal oelek. I added  baked tofu, cilantro and scallions. This was super tasty and definitely better than takeout! These are great if you have a craving for slippery sloopy noodles.
I stumbled across this at Smith's the other day.  I have never seen this bar, and luckily not only is it vegan, but it was on sale! And to top it all off it's also delicious! The almonds are crushed instead of whole so it's almost like a crisp bar, and it has a great blueberry flavor. Really tasty!
The corner of the couch has been the hot spot so far this winter. There have been plenty of battles over the coveted spot. But also lots of cuddles. No matter how funky of a day I'm having, seeing this always cheers me up!
Happy Caturday!






8 comments:

  1. Oh, yum, everything looks so good; I'll definitely have to try the sesame noodles! So many cuddles, what sweethearts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The noodles are so good! It kind of filled that greasy takeout craving!!
      I know, they're so freaking sweet!

      Delete
  2. I made another veg curry stew today and thought of you! I used a green curry paste i bought in chinatown that’s actually thai and surprisingly vegan, and then added in a ton of veggies and tofu and coconut milk. Topped with bean sprouts and cilantro! That curry flavor was so perfect to warm me up :))
    Sesame noodles always sound good to me- although I’m surprised the recipe just uses sesame oil and no sesame paste or peanut butter. Good call on the additional tofu and cilantro
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That curry sounds so good!! I love green curry. That sounds so good. It really is the perfect warming meal!
      I was really surprised too. I have always used tahini or peanut butter. But it was really, really good. Nice and ginger-y an garlicky.

      Delete
  3. I'd probably add sesame seeds because I add sesame seeds to so many things, but the noodles look great without them, too. I know what you mean about fancy cheap food. That's so much of what I eat lately!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know I always, always ALWAYS mean to pick up sesame seeds when I get groceries because they look so pretty and taste pretty great. They would be a really great addition.
      I'm always trying to make my cheap food look fancy!!

      Delete
  4. Cuddling kitties are the cutest!
    The food all looks great. I have been eating a lot of cold noodle salads lately, summer time and all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmm... those noodles look like the ones I use to make all the time in high school. So yummy.

    ReplyDelete