Monday, February 4, 2019

Mini Target Haul and Stuff I Ate

I don't think Salt Lake City has a Super Target with a huge grocery section, but the Target we do have has a decent little grocery area. As I learned yesterday the produce section is pretty tiny, so you're only getting your basics there. They don't have things like fresh herbs, or green onions which was a bummer. But they do have a lot of plant milk, and a big variety of daiya frozen pizza and gardein for really decent prices. Like Winco level prices. The daiya pizzas are under seven dollars which is freaking unheard of! Target even has their own store line vegan ice cream! I think it's made with almond milk.
I was going to take pictures, but it was not only Sunday at Target but super bowl Sunday at Target so I felt weird.
I did pick up a few things. I was hoping to get some herbs and red lentils, but unfortunately those will have to wait.
Coconut milk, great northern beans, black beans,gluten free elbows, dried black beans,vegan sour gummies,notebook,chocolate yogurt,garlic basil pasta sauce,pickles
They also have a decent selection of vegan yogurt, and vegan coffee drinks like Califia Farms. And also a decent selection of kombucha including their own store brand.
I also treated myself to this new plate. Or bowl. They were labeled dinner plate, but it's kind of like a shallow bowl. Awhile ago I was watching some cooking show and someone used a plate like this and I loved it. I've gotten so used to having meals in bowls I kind of don't like using plates so this is the perfect middle man!
This was my first meal of the day. I wanted to fuel up with something healthy in case I got stressed at Target. It's also been an unusually grey winter here in SLC and the bright colors cheered me up. I like my salad with a dollop of hummus!
After my salad I made this orange, grapefruit and carrot juice. I swear this juice has helped me to ward off sickness this winter. And it definitely boosts my energy.
For dinner I made a sunflower seed harissa mac and cheese! I just added  two tablespoons of the harissa paste when I blended the sunflower seeds. It's like a spicy roasted red pepper mac and cheese!
These two!!








5 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about eating on plates. I love the feeling of cradling a bowl full of goodness. A plate just seems so... flat. Any time I need to use one it seems strange. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That’s so awesome target has their own brand of vegan ice cream! I’ve had their store brand kombucha before and liked the ginger flavor well enough but it wasn’t nearly as good as GTS which they also sell at a great price- i think their brand was like 50 cents less or so.
    Great find on the plate/bowl! That looks really useful! I’m klutzy and managed to break three of my four dinner plates over the years and really just use bowls anyhow. I have some smaller pretty plates for when people come over but day to day i just use my favorite bowls
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your meals look so colorful and beautiful! I love your new plate/bowl, I'm glad you were able to treat yourself! Those prices are amazing, under $7 for a Daiya pizza is a really great deal! I'm glad that you found a place that has great splurgy items at not so splurgy prices!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your so lucky to get some of those vegan products at your Target. They don't do the daiya products in our area. *cries*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a fun haul, and that plate/bowl is so pretty! Your meals look delicious as always, and what cute cuddle buddies!

    ReplyDelete