Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Sprouts Haul and Lazy Food

I mentioned the other day that I've been in a bit of a rut, and that includes my grocery shopping. I just kind of go into Trader Joe's on autopilot and get the same things over and over. Also, I've been really disappointed in Trader Joe's produce lately. I have trouble with the produce going bad after one day, or it's bad when I open the package. Last week I bought a package of three Romaine hearts, and two of them were bad. So this week I decided to take a break from them and shop at my other favorite store, Sprouts! They have such amazing deals on produce that I can still sneak in a treat or two even on a budget!
Tofu,nectarines,gravy mix,purple tortillas,yogi tea,strawberries,red potatoes, black bean burgers,pina colada pops,potatoes,lime, garlic,red and yellow mangoes,avocado,red bell pepper,bananas,kale,coconut milk,orange juice,serrano peppers, kombucha and spinach
I was so excited to see a new flavor of Kevita kombucha. It's blueberry basil. How good does that sound? I really want to brew my own, but I'm having a hard time finding a scoby. No groceries around here sell them, and I don't want to buy from Amazon so I don't know. When I have some extra time I'll search other online options.
I got all of that gorgeous food for forty five dollars. I feel like I got a lot for my money, and I even got a few impulse items!
Monday night I had some daiya mac and cheese for dinner. I was craving mac and cheese and didn't want to whip up a batch at midnight. It was nowhere near as good as homemade, but it still filled that comfort food need.
Last night I was lazy again. I couldn't even be bothered to press some tofu. Since I liked the black bean sliders so much I decided to try the veggie sliders. Both are great, but I do prefer the black bean sliders. I love seeing vegan and White Castle on the same box!
I'm definitely not feeling my best because in the past few days I've eaten a lot more junk food than normal. I'm just feeling some things and I need to get a grip. I got lots of healthy food at Sprouts and on my days off this week I'm going to make sure I prep some stuff so when I get home at midnight I don't have an excuse to fall back on something simple.
I needed to see this!



7 comments:

  1. Looks like a great haul! And I seriously need to keep an eye out for the vegan White Castle burgers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so good! The black bean are my favorite!!

      Delete
  2. I'm sorry you've been in a rut. It's hard but it looks like the trip to sprouts and an awesome haul is exactly what you needed! I'm sure all of the great stuff you got from there will help you feel better physically while the comfort food was what your soul needed <3 hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm hoping to pump my body full of nutrients so I have to feel better!

      Delete
  3. I’ve definitely had some issues with TJs produce in the past but I don’t hesitate to take a photo of the bad produce and show it at my next visit with my receipt- they have always just given me a full refund. But yeah, in the moment it’s obnoxious. That’s an awesome haul for so little money! I’m sure you can cook up a big batch of veggies and such to have on hand for faster late night meals. It’s just easier to assemble a healthy meal if all the components are done and waiting for you :)
    If you buy unflavored “original” kombucha you can use that to grow your own scoby, it just takes a few weeks.
    Yay for the pina colada pops!
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is really disappointing about the TJs produce. I hate things that go off quickly, or are already gross when you get them home. The grocery stores here do have a return and refund and replace policy, but that means you have to go all the way back and that isn't always possible. I am glad that Sprouts gave you a better haul!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no! I hate prepackaged produce! I feel like it is harder to see when they aren't any good. I hope you have a chance to return the bad produce.

    ReplyDelete