Monday, June 11, 2018

Some New Treats

A million and one people buy these popsicles where I work. Apparently they are made by a diner somewhere near SLC, and people love the diner and the popsicles. I don't much care for diner food, but I do love my popsicles so I just had to try them. The package I chose has lime, peach, cherry and grape. They have three different packages each with four different flavors. I tried the peach last night and it was pretty tasty. I feel so local and in the know!
I finally tried these vegan cheddar cassava root chips. They are so great. Really crispy. To me they're kind of a cross between a chip and a cracker texture wise. They have a great cheddar flavor. I will definitely splurge on these again!!!
I am totally in love with Sprouts vegan spicy "chicken" burgers. They're not breaded like Boca patties, they're kind of just like a super light burger. They almost have hints of a sausage flavor too. They're just really tasty and gluten free too. And they don't have a lot of funky ingredients either. I believe they have three or four Sprouts brand veggie patties, and I believe they are all vegan and gluten free. I plan on trying them all.
Last week I chose the Southwest black bean burger. These have whole black beans, corn and red bell pepper. They have a great smoky taste. I would say they're definitely smoky and not spicy at all. The texture reminds me of a Boca griller. Not quite super meaty, but not quite super mushy and vegetable-y either. These would be great on a bun with avocado and a slice of fresh summer tomato. All of Sprouts burgers are $2.99 for a box of four burgers which is a GREAT price!
Every time I bring groceries home in this bag and set it on the floor the girls go nuts. I don't know what it is about this bag in particular, but they love it!  Well, last night when I was walking home from work, the strap completely broke free so it is now the new hiding spot. I think Afro speaks for a lot of us especially on a Monday!




8 comments:

  1. Cute butt Afro!
    I have heard good things about those cassava chips, though only from US friends who have tried them. I think they have a beet and vegan goat cheese flavour as well?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do have a vegan goat cheese and beet flavor. I'm not a fan of beets so I feel like it's pointless for me to try them! But base on the cheddar, if you love beets I bet that flavor is amazing!

      Delete
  2. Well good popsicles are a great find! Those veg burgers sound so good- i’m very into putting hot burger chunks onto romaine hearts with some chopped tomatoes and scallions, the hot cold crunchy soft combo is amazing.
    Totally return that bag to trader joe’s! It’s obviously theirs and shouldn’t have broken, I don’t think they will worry you don’t have a receipt since no one else sells it.
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Popsicles are very important for these scorching summer months!
      I'm super into different temperatures and textures in one bite. I'll have to try the burger/Romaine combo.
      I have only had the bag for a month or so. I have other bags from them that are three plus years old and still working. I think I will thanks!

      Delete
  3. Oooh those popsicles sound so good! I really like the selection of flavors too. I'm so glad you liked the chips too! It's always a bummer when a splurge item isn't great but I'm glad that you enjoyed them. The flavor is sooooooo good. Afro is so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always want to cry when I splurge and it isn't worth it. But these chips definitely fill the cheddar cracker void! I saw a vegan goat cheese and beet flavor but beets are a hard no for me!
      Afro loves the bag so much!!

      Delete
  4. The popsicles sound great, and how fun that they are local! And I'll have to keep an eye out for the cassava root chips! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They also have vegan goat cheese and beet chips. If you like beets I bet they're delicious!!

      Delete