Saturday, June 30, 2018

Splitting Burritos

I saw this recipe for a glowing skin juice on Instagram and it was just sweet potato and pineapple. When I went to Smith's they had whole pineapple for $.98 so I knew the juice was in my future. Unfortunately I got the white sweet potatoes instead of the orange so my juice wasn't that gorgeous color. Plus it's the orange sweet potatoes that have beta carotene which is excellent for the skin. It still tasted amazing and obviously was still healthy. I've been trying to hydrate my skin on the inside and outside more than I usually do.
I also whipped up this delicious coleslaw for my burrito I was having for dinner. I used cumin and lime juice and it was definitely the best thing I made all day. Even though it's super simple I wrote down how I made it so I can make it again. I figured I'd share the recipe because it's so simple and summer-y!

                                                Lime, Cumin and Jalapeno Coleslaw
  • 4 C. Shredded Cabbage
  • 2 T. Lime Juice
  • 2 T. Pickled Jalapeno
  • 1/4 Tsp.Salt
  • Pinch of Black pepper
  • 1/2 Tsp. Cumin
  • 3 T. Just Mayo
Combine lime juice, jalapeno, salt, pepper, cumin and just mayo in a bowl an whisk it together to make a dressing. Add it to the cabbage and stir to combine. Let sit for at least fifteen to twenty minutes.

This was great in my rice and bean burrito, and it would be great on tacos too. Especially fishless tacos with the gardein fishless filets! If you don't like spicy you don't have to add the jalapenos. I just had them in my fridge but I tasted the coleslaw without them and it was delicious and cumin-y!
I was a a little too excited when I stuffed my burrito and it split. So this was very messy to eat, but it tasted so good! I stuffed it with myacoba beans, lime cilantro rice and the coleslaw. I also had some potatoes that I roasted with taco seasoning and nooch. This really hit the spot!
Just some girls cuddling with their favorite sweater of all time! I thought maybe the summer would be the time I could move the sweater from my bed, but no such luck!!
Happy Caturday!





6 comments:

  1. Happy Caturday! I love citrusy coleslaw (better than mayo-based imo) and that juice sounds so good! With your delicious juice combos plus Sarah’s inspiring gym posts, I feel healthier already!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Caturday to you!! I love citrusy coleslaw too. This has a little mayo, but not much.

      Delete
  2. That juice sounds interesting- i have juiced sweet potatoes before and they have a great sweet earthy flavor that works well with greens. Never would have thought to have it with pineapple...!
    That coleslaw sounds really refreshing and perfect for that epic burrito. Did you warm up the tortilla before making the burrito? Sometimes that helps so the tortilla doesn’t tear.
    Your cats are living the Good Life.
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I saw the post with a sweet potato and pineapple juice I was scared to try it because I would never think to put sweet potato and pineapple together, but they actually work really well together!
      I did warm up the tortilla. I got the tortillas from Trader Joe's and they sure aren't very flexible. Not really worth the gluten cheat to be honest.
      They deserve the good life!

      Delete
  3. I don't think I have had sweet potato in juice before, but now I really really really want to. Maybe once? But I can't remember.

    Silly kitty girls, don't you know it is hot now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love sweet potato in juice. The juicing really brings out the sweetness.
    I know! They still love that dang sweater!!!

    ReplyDelete