Wednesday, June 16, 2021

Too Much Mustard, Too Much Dirt and Dust!

 

A lot of times when Sprouts gets in a new product, they will put it on a super introductory sale. Like almost give the stuff away. They get you hooked, and then the next time you go in the product is ten million times more money. Le sigh. This is one of those such items. I got it for I can't remember, but under three dollars. Last week I noticed that it is over ten dollars!! Both for the cost and the flavor I won't be buying this again!


I cooked some medium shells and stirred in some of the sauce. The texture and consistency are both great. The problem is that it's very, very mustard forward. I love mustard, and always add a smidge when I make homemade mac and cheese, but this is too much. I could still eat the mac and cheese, but I regretted not making my own cheese sauce. For the price of this sauce that should not be the feeling one has.

I did dip some crackers in it, which was much better. I think this would be great with pretzels or even a hot pretzel since mustard already pairs nicely. I think I might also try some in a baked potato. 

All in all I give this a four out of ten. It's definitely cheaper to make your own, and there are other, cheaper cheese sauces out there. Simple Truth has a vegan queso that is one of my favorite things ever, and it's under four dollars all the time! I know it isn't made with cashews, but it doesn't need to be. Even if money is no object, I'm sure there are better cheese sauces out there that I haven't tried. Miyoko's makes a roadhouse cheddar dip or something like that, I've had it once and it blew my mind. I think even though it's Miyoko's it's still cheaper than this! 


Thanks for all the well wishes regarding my anxiety over the renovations going on in my building. The handy man has had to barge in here two different days this week, both with about five minutes notice which isn't even really supposed to happen. There's a reason there are certain laws about notice. My landlord just informed me that all day tomorrow I can't use my shower and bath. I asked how long exactly and her answer was "all day" Thanks for clearing that up buddy. I just hope no dirty men in their dusty, dirty boots have to come trampling in here!!! Send good, clean thoughts my way please!!


4 comments:

  1. Sending loads of clean thoughts your way! Your landlord is being absolutely unreasonable. I am so sorry that this saga is still going on. Wow that cheese sauce sounds downright yuck to me. Good luck finding clever ideas to get it down. Hang in there dear and hug the kitties extra hard for comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ARGH! I have had bad landlords before who didn't respect the notice rules and it's awful. I hope you get a better situation soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Feel for you and your kitties. Landlords can be so insensitive and thoughtless. Hope it will soon be over. Love reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm catching up on posts, so I hope it went OK with the repair people. Landlords totally suck. There are rules for a reason.

    ReplyDelete