Saturday, June 26, 2021

Small Whole Foods Haul plus Lentil Sloppy Joe's!

 I've been struggling with my mental health lately, and since I only needed a few groceries to tide me over, I decided to have some Whole Foods groceries delivered again. The order needs to be thirty five dollars or more for free delivery and that fits in my budget window. Could I get more for my buck at Trader Joe's? Of course. But this week it was worth it. 

Garbanzo and black beans, marinara sauce, oranges, potatoes, oatmilk, coleslaw mix, strawberries, kombucha, celery, cilantro, strawberry popsicles, broccoli, taco seasoning, gravy mix, red onion, jalapeno

Last night I made some sloppy lentils. It's basically the sloppy Joe's recipe from Veganomicon with a few changes I make depending on what I have. I didn't have hamburger buns so I used a hoagie roll and topped it with some creamy slaw. Fries on the side of course! I've made these so many times I have the original recipe memorized. It's one of my favorites, leftovers get better and it's so inexpensive and filling. The leftovers are great stuffed in a baked potato!

Happy Weekend!





5 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're taking care of yourself. So many of us are struggling right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good to have options when things are tough and you need a hand. That roll looks delicious with the lentils and that beautiful slaw.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you're feeling a bit better!! I looooove that sloppy joe recipe from VCon. It's a classic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do hope things improve for you soon. In the meantime it sounds like you are taking lovely care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello everyone on here my name is Fumo Sadiku living in Malindi City Kenyan I want to tell a little more about a good hearted man called Mr Pedro working with funding service as loan officer, Mr Pedro helped me get a loan of 37,115,225.00 Shillings on my trying time trying to get back on my feet to raise my business I know there are some of you here who are in financial difficulties to talk to Mr Pedro pedroloanss@gmail.com I'm so glad for what he did for me and for his Bank accountant as well Accountant Hernandez Lucas Thank you very much for your work well done.

    ReplyDelete