Tuesday, June 1, 2021

Ta Don't!

 

Last week I couldn't find my favorite Silk creamer anywhere!! I've had a different flavor of the vegan natural bliss and it was pretty good, so I grabbed this brown sugar flavor. While Silk will probably always be my go to, this is pretty dang good too. It's nice and thick and creamy, and has a nice flavor. 



I've seen these in the freezer section for awhile, but they're expensive so I've never grabbed one until a few weeks ago I found this on clearance for two bucks and decided to grab it. I love falafel, but I am terrified of deep frying, and I have never had a baked falafel that I enjoy. Too dry. Anyway, Sunday night I wasn't up for cooking, so I popped this bad boy in the oven. All I can say is I should have cooked! This was TERRIBLE! It was all mush, the falafel was all one big mush instead of individual balls(hee hee), the hummus is obviously mushy and then it's warm, and oddly sweet, and the wrap is just a soggy whole wheat tortilla. These things are over five dollars regular price, and honestly to me that is offensive. Even if these were amazing that's a bit much, and these are the opposite of amazing. It was so bad I couldn't even finish it!

This was a really tasty dinner. I marinated soaked soy curls in some olive oil, lemon juice and Za'atar seasoning. I sauteed the curls and got a little crisp on them, and had them in some flatbread with a parsley, tomato and cucumber salad, and a garlic, lemon tahini sauce. This was so fresh and had different flavors and textures. Can't wait to have this again!


This is another incredible recipe from Wil Yeung!!!  Bulgogi tofu bowl. This was INCREDIBLE!! No surprise there, as I've loved every Wil Yeung recipe I've tried! Here is the recipe, I highly recommend any of his recipes! This was alo super simple, which is the case for most of his recipes. He also uses inexpensive ingredients which I really, really appreciate!

I love how this yard is almost all flowers, and the house almost looks like a little enchanted cottage. This would definitely be how I would live if I ever had a house!



3 comments:

  1. Oh, that's really too bad about the falafel wrap! I do a shortcut with those--I buy frozen falafel balls (they sell some at Trader Joe's, though I prefer the ones in the kosher section of my local market) and bake those, and then put them in a tortilla with hummus, spinach, cucumber, etc. To me that's pretty good for what they are and they are nowhere near $5 per serving, which I agree is offensive for what is essentially beans in a tortilla. But it looks like you worked your own magic with those soy curls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That falafel wrap sounds awful. Yuck yuck yuck.
    Brown sugar creamer sounds like something that would make great oats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness I had the same experience with those Ta Dah falafels. I tossed the whole thing after one bite - and I paid full price! Everything else looks super delicious and I love your pic of the flower house.

    ReplyDelete