Saturday, March 14, 2015

I Was Working as a Waitress in a Cocktail Bar.........................

This morning my Yogi teabag is telling me to "Have wisdom in your actions, and faith in your merits".  Pretty sound advice, wouldn't you say? I want to carry this around in my pocket and pull it out when I'm dealing with people who are being rude, and confrontational. This week I've mostly talked about dealing with those awkward situations when people just want to get under your skin. Sometimes it feels like where is the peace. Vegans get flak from non-vegans, and then even as vegans we have to pick each other apart. For me, no matter how much poo has been thrown my way, at the end of the day when I lay my head down, and I know that my heart is in the right place, and I caused as little suffering as possible, that's what matters.
Today is also my 250th post! I can hardly believe it. I'm so proud of myself, because I really don't know what I'm doing, but I'm sticking with it. and it's really been something I've come to love, and it's an important part of my daily routine. I plan on making some surprise improvements over the next couple of months, so yay! I want it to be a surprise, like one day you just notice something different. It's so nice to feel human again. Double digit temperatures ROCK!
And last, but not least I need to vent about one thing. Last night at work, a customer had a shirt on that said "Keep calm, carry Guns"! What the hell? And before anyone asks, he was not a hipster wearing this shirt ironically. He probably actually had a gun if not on his person, in his monster truck. I tried to mention it to some co-workers, but they saw nothing insane about it. I think a lot of them own guns themselves. Knowing that very close minded, racist alcoholics carry guns when they are drinking makes me feel so mother loving happy I don't hang out in bars. If people who loved guns appeared to be calm and rational, or even kept one in their house for protection I would feel a little better. But just walking in and out of bars getting drunk with your gun is a little too wild west for me.
Reason number twenty million why I need to find a better way to make a living! Viva la Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment