Monday, September 8, 2014

Please don't go Summer

I don't really have a lot to say. I just feel very drained still. I really tried to recharge this weekend, but I can't shake the blues. With summer winding down, I can't even enjoy any thoughts of fall, because winter will come after. Last winter was so traumatizing I can't even stand the thought. Schools were cancelled due to low temperatures, not snow! It felt and looked like death.
I can't believe I have to live through another winter here. I feel so frustrated because if I only had to worry about myself, I would have already been long gone. I love being a feline mom, but damn I am so stuck. I can't just buy a greyhound ticket and go wherever, which is what I long to do. I know if I buckle down I can leave this city eventually, but I will have to go through another winter at the very least. I feel like I will lose it if I ever hear the words polar vortex again! Nasty people and nasty weather is not my favorite combo.
I don't know why I can't shake these blues this time. I think maybe I was around a little more negativity than usual, and the mornings are getting cooler, and leaves are starting to fall.
It's so funny because I love my kitties, and I can't imagine my life without them, but man they are holding me down!
To end on a more positive kitty note, it has now been four weeks since bringing Robin inside. All is well, he has made friends, there is almost no hissing, and he is letting me pet him more and more. In about a month or so I will take him to get neutered and probably have to start the trust process all over again lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment