Friday, September 19, 2014

Flush those Toxins

Back in my more lets call it unaware days, I used to enjoy soaking in a nice hot bubble bath often. At least four or five times a week. Nowadays I am much more aware of my water usage, but I do still enjoy a nice soak once in awhile. I try to do a detox bath once a week, and I just skip a shower sometime during the week to make up for my soak. Since I started doing this, I have noticed a big difference in how I feel, and also how my skin feels. Now that the weather is cooling down, I figured I would share, as people will start getting the sniffles, and dry skin, etc.
I've talked about it in shifts, but here is the whole routine. First, I dry brush my skin, and I usually do some kind of face mask with spirulina and turmeric, or a baking soda scrub. Then I fill a tub with hot water, and a handful of either Epsom salts, or miracle sea salt which I get in bulk at the Co-op, and about three tablespoons of powdered ginger. Then I soak for as long as I can, at least twenty minutes, but the optimal time is thirty minutes. I love how when I get out I look like I was in a sauna, or took a hot yoga class or something. And I feel so great. If you are fighting a bug, you will feel like poo for the rest of the day, so make sure you can relax for the rest of the day. But the most amazing is how your skin will feel. If you have dry skin, you know what I mean when I say that usually after bathing my skin is so tight till I moisturize. Not after this bath! After taking this bath, it's recommended that you let your skin rest and breathe for about half an hour before dressing, and it's okay! My skin is fine it doesn't itch and drive me nuts. After I have sweated out all my toxins, I slather my skin with coconut oil and I feel like a new woman. I really recommend trying this. I read about the ginger bath about a year ago when I was battling a bug, and I felt like it really helped, and I've been hooked ever since.
I went down the natural skincare/bath aisle at Wegmen's  awhile ago, and I was shocked at some of the prices! You can pamper yourself naturally and feel great no matter how flush you are or aren't!

No comments:

Post a Comment