Sunday, July 11, 2021

Vegan Haul and Pizza

 I really wanted to go to Trader Joe's this week to stock up on some things, but between depression and triple digit temperatures, I just couldn't make myself do it. So, I got a small Whole Foods delivery, and thankfully a friend gave me a ride to Sprouts for some desperately needed fruits and veggies. I struggle with public transportation when I'm feeling this way. If I can just run into a store I can handle it, but when I have to walk in the blazing sun, wait for a bus in the blazing sun, deal with the people on the bus and then walk home in the blazing sun with heavy bags, it can really just be too much. I'm struggling with living in Utah in general to be honest, but what can I do other than do my best to stay hydrated and moisturized so I don't turn into a raisin. Utah raisin?

Red lentils, oatly, avocados, tomato, fizzy water, celery, strawberries,citrus pop ups, coconut milk, bath salts, parsley, garlic

Grapes, rice noodles, BBQ corn chips(not very good), live booch soda, tofu. strawberries, spring rolls, carrot,oranges, potato, kombucha, Jalfrezi curry sauce, watermelon, mini peppers, cherry plums, red onion, yellow and white nectarine, garlic

If you see cherry plums anywhere, do yourself a favor and grab some! They taste like a plum with just a little extra pizazz. I've eaten half the bag in a day and a half!


Last night my friend and I split a vegan pizza from a very vegan friendly place called The Pie Pizzeria

I'm so used to places maybe having vegan cheese if you're lucky, it was a bit overwhelming to see all the vegan meats and such as options. I've always been a cheese or veggies kind of pizza person, so we went with just a vegan veggie no green peppers, sub banana peppers. 


This had onion, black olives, mushrooms, banana pepper, vegan mozzarella and cheddar, and topped with fresh tomato. It was pretty tasty although honestly it had too much cheese. You know how it has to be just the right amount of vegan cheese? But the cold leftovers were great for breakfast!

1 comment:

  1. The mark of a good pizza is when it is good cold for breakfast. Though I have recently found some people who heat up their left over pizza. Which is just weird really. I support them in their wrongness though. ;)

    I am glad you had a friend who was able to help you out.

    ReplyDelete