Monday, July 19, 2021

I Tried Meghan Markle's Zucchini Pasta

 Yesterday morning I went on a four plus mile walk. Walking has become a kind of therapy for me. I really hash out and think about things. Sometimes I even talk to myself. I've been busted by people sitting on their porches having morning tea or coffee. Pretty embarrassing! 

By the time I got home I was drenched in sweat and beyond hangry, so I made a refreshing smoothie while I figured out what I wanted for my actual first meal. 

Frozen mango, banana, avocado,spinach, flax powder

This is so ugly, but boy was it tasty. So tasty I had the same thing today. I picked up the Mideast feast from Trader Joe's. It was a splurge, I've always wanted to try it! It has hummus, stuffed grape leaves, lentil salad and this bulgur tomato salad. So I slathered my pita with the hummus, and added the lentils and some of the bulgur. The lentil salad is so tasty I have to figure out how to season my lentils like this!! 

A very long time ago I came across Meghan Markle's zucchini pasta. It's a very simple recipe, you basically cook zucchini and onion slow and low for four hours, then serve the sauce with pasta. I don't love zucchini, but I always like to find a way to love a vegetable since I struggle. Anyway, I finally got around to trying it. I used this recipe. (No Parm of course)


I can tell you that my apartment smelled INCREDIBLE!!! Now, I didn't love this recipe but it's my own fault. When you really cook something down, you're concentrating the flavors so I don't know why I thought this would be life changing for me. The sauce is very, very earthy and squash-y. If you love zucchini, this is for you. It's very inexpensive to make, especially in the summer, and especially if you have a garden because I know zucchini like to grow!! You could easily throw in some white beans or a little tofu for extra protein. So, even though I didn't love this, I recommend this recipe to anyone who loves zucchini, on a budget or not!




3 comments:

  1. I wouldn't say I love love zucchini, but I do enjoy it. I had no idea that Meghan Markle had a zucchini recipe. Something to try one day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like zucchini but squashy tasting pasta does not sound appealing. Glad you are able to get out and walk. I always return refreshed mentally from my walks. Hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oddly enough, I love zucchini but I'm not keen on zucchini-based pasta sauces. The lentils on the other hand sound fantastic.

    ReplyDelete