Thursday, July 8, 2021

Stuff I've Tried

 I've been kind of absent around the blogosphere lately. This summer so far has been a struggle for me. I feel like Pigpen but instead of a cloud of a dirt cloud I'm just dragging around a cloud of funk. I haven't been eating the most exciting food and I struggle with what to say. I don't want to be fake positive, but I also don't want to moan and groan all the time. I know a lot of us struggle with mental health and it can be so hard to try and be "normal" whatever that is. 

I have tried a few new to me things in the past week or so, so I guess that gives me something to say right?


I try to make my own cold brew coffee, but I have a lot of learning to do. I think Dunkin makes great coffee. The hype is true! 


This tempeh is so freaking good! I don't love tempeh, I will always choose tofu but this stuff is pretty great. I don't even fry it, I just take it out of the package for sandwiches. Chef's kiss!

This little dinner of red lentil coconut curry, flat bread and spinach pakoras include two new to me things! 


The pakoras are from the Indian market and are really, really tasty. The bouillon cubes are from Sprouts. I used one cube in place of my usual curry powder and it worked out great! 


I found this little kit at Smith's. They have several flavors, but Korean BBQ sounded best to me! It comes with rice, spices and sauce. It's accidentally vegan, and I had just gotten some soy curls so it seemed meant to be. 

It's really easy to make, and I was pleasantly surprised that the sauce has a little kick! This was a nice, quick and easy dish. The rice was the most time consuming element and that's hands off. I would definitely buy this again!




2 comments:

  1. Ooh, I love pakoras! One of my favorite things of all time!

    It seems like Tofurky has never disappointed me, so I'm not surprised the tempeh was good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss that Tofurky tempeh so much. We used to get it here but now they only stock a few Tofurky products. But I would also eat that straight from the packet.

    ReplyDelete