Saturday, October 31, 2020

Vegan Sausages and Potatoes!

 

Looks like Field Roast sausages got a little makeover! I saw these at Winco and I approve! I think it looks very sleek and streamlined. Now if only they were gluten free!

About  month or so ago I signed up to volunteer at the polls on Tuesday, and the other day I had a training class. The class was near Winco so I ran in for a few things to tide me over until I go shopping. 


I went specifically for the Beyond sausage. I've been watching Sweet Simple Vegan and they made a Filipino dish that looked so simple but so delicious. It was just garlic fried rice with sausage, and I believe it's common to have that for breakfast..?? 

The frozen Potatoes O' Brien were super cheap and an impulse buy. I was hungry. I didn't notice until I got home that it has peppers in it. Duh, I've worked in enough diners I should have known. I am not a fan of cooked bell peppers at all, and I've learned I like frozen and then cooked bell peppers even less!


Not even an insane amount of ketchup could save these! The potatoes were okay, but there were so many peppers it was impossible to pick around. 


I had better success with these potatoes! Last night I made a one sheet meal with roasted potatoes and a Field Roast brat. Super easy and really delicious. The only thing that would have made this tastier is some Brussels sprouts and maybe a little sauerkraut!


6 comments:

  1. It took me a while to make peace with peppers, but I totally understand those who do not want them at all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them raw, but I just can't handle cooked. I don't mind the flavor, it's the texture!

      Delete
  2. That's awesome that you're going to volunteer at the polls!
    And one-sheet meals are the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know who I am, it's unusual for me to do something like this.
      One sheet or one pot meals are my favorite!

      Delete