Sunday, October 25, 2020

Vegan Asian Market Haul and Snow in October!

 The good news is I made it to the Asian market, unfortunately it was a complete madhouse so I kind of got my basics and got out. At one point I almost abandoned my cart because my anxiety was so bad. 

I feel like I'm in another kitchen rut, kind of always buying and cooking the same things. Part of that is budgetary of course, but there's also a rut there. I was hoping to get some new to me greens. I always feel very intimidated by all of the greens I've never heard of there. Like how do you prepare it, what do they taste like? So, I was going to be brave and just pick one, but the produce section was BONKERS. Next time I'll plan better and go on a weekday. 

Miso paste, potato flour crackers, enoki mushrooms, Shanghai bok choy, tofu, broken Jasmine rice,rice noodles, mandarins, crushed chili peppers, tamari, hoisin,soft tofu, tons of baked tofu,ssamjang sauce

Believe it or not, I've never cooked with bok choy, and I actually think I've only had it maybe once or twice in my whole life! So I guess I did get one kind of new to me green!


I'm most excited about this! I've been watching Cheap Lazy Vegan for years now, and she has this a lot. It's a Korean dipping sauce made with gochujang, sesame oil, etc. I always see her dip cucumbers, and also lettuce wraps in this sauce. I love sauces and dips, so I'm always happy to add another to my arsenal!


I know it's not a lot of snow, and I'm very grateful for that, but the fact that there's snow at all on Oct. 25 is a bit much for me. Hello seasonal blues!


3 comments:

  1. Snow already?! It's too soon! Hope you're keeping warm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that my Korean friends long ago probably made the cucumber banchan I remember so well by just mixing ssamjang with sliced cucumber. You can also make soup with it! I haven't had it in ages and now you make me want to try to get some.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love baby bok choy, I hope you have fun with it.

    ReplyDelete