Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Wednesday Round Up

Yesterday I was walking home, feeling so dry, sun beaten and depleted of all energy. I took a random shortcut that involved climbing through a hole in a fence. As I was climbing, I smelled grapes and discovered that concord grapes grow on the fence I was climbing through! I remember hating concord grapes as a kid, but now as an adult I love them! I guess I'm an urban forager now!
As far as meals go, I've been eating lots of meals like this. Tofu baked in a spicy sauce with rice and salad.
Also meals with potatoes, tofu and salad. In this case I had my favorite crinkle cut fries. I've been on a pretty tight budget, but I feel like I've still been eating pretty well. Proof that you don't have to live on Top Ramen if you're broke.
This morning I had breakfast tacos with tofu scramble plus lentils and black beans topped with spinach and green dragon sauce. Sorry for the horrible kitchen lighting, it was still darkish out when I had these.
And here's Kanye forcing Joan to cuddle. Joan is the most independent of all my girls, and Kanye doesn't always let Joan have her space. That's a sister for you!
I've been dealing with a little drama at my apartment. I have a new neighbor and apparently she is not an animal person. She told my landlord that I feed stray kitties and my landlord has sent me several threatening texts including one threatening me with a $100.00 fine if I do it again. Of course I'm still doing it. There are now three kitties that show up every morning, and they count on me. So far I've just ignored the texts and am trying to be as stealth as possible. My landlord isn't someone I would call warm or kind, so there is no reasoning or pulling on heartstrings. Wish me luck that I can continue to do the right thing without a fine. They don't bother anyone, they show up and eat and then disappear. They are scared of people so they don't hang around. It's all very frustrating and sad.
Happy Hump Day!





12 comments:

  1. Nice find with the grapes! I've never had breakfast tacos before, but yours sound fun!
    So sorry to hear about your neighbor/landlord drama; they both sound like real grumps! I'm hoping it'll all work out for you & the stray kitties. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so excited about the grapes. They're so sweet, I can't believe I used to not like concord grapes!

      Delete
    2. Oh, and it will work out with the kitties. I will not stop feeding them.

      Delete
  2. Wow! Foraged grapes! I would be so stoked to find those. We have a neighborhood fig tree that I often steal (haha forage) figs from. And sorry to hear about your mean new neighbor. What a meanie! I do hope your landlord doesn't say anything and you're able to keep feeding the kitties!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing will stop me from feeding the kitties!
      The grapes are so sweet and delicious!

      Delete
  3. Oh bad neighbor! How can that person be so mean? Good thoughts your way to be able to keep feeding the kitties.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't get it either. People like that really make me sick to be honest. I will not stop feeding them no matter what.

      Delete
  4. What an unfortunate neighbour, hopefully nothing more comes of it. It doesn't sound like they are causing any trouble, poor bubs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They cause no trouble. They're scared of people so they leave as soon as they eat. Nothing will stop me from feeding them.

      Delete
  5. Hooray for foraging and delicious looking meals on a budget. How obnoxious of your neighbors and your landlord though! I don't understand how people can be so heartless. Hopefully you can continue to feed the cats with no trouble and certainly no fines.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a system to keep feeding the kitties. It's kind of affecting my sleep, but that's okay. I don't understand such heartless people.

      Delete
  6. Sometimes I don't understand people. Especially when people dislike cats, and are really vocal about it. Worse case scenario- would you be able to bring the kittens to a shelter? I hope things work out the way you want them to. Are they staying your apartment or are you just feeding them?

    ReplyDelete