Sunday, September 17, 2017

Dog Day Afternoon

I'm dog sitting these lovely ladies this weekend! I was going to post yesterday, but because of a weird bus detour my day went haywire very early in the day. Since I have my kitties and the stray kitties to take care of I've been doing a lot of running back and forth. The bus that goes from my apartment to Daisy and Ivy's house doesn't run on the weekends, so I've been doing ALOT of walking! But I could really use the extra money, and look at these two who wouldn't want to hang out with them! Daisy(the black one) is an awesome sleeping companion, even if she is a bit of a bed hog!
I stopped at a Smith's grocery near Daisy and Ivy's house and look what I got for $.82! I couldn't believe it. It's really good. They added mint and other citrus so it doesn't really taste like lemongrass, but for eighty two cents I'm not going to nitpick!
I made this delicious meal the other night. It's just BBQ lentils and mac and cheese. They go so well together. I have never had southern food, but it seems to me I've seen lot of BBQ and mac and cheese combinations and now I know why. The tang of the BBQ with the creaminess of the mac and cheese is very pleasing! I doused mine with hot sauce because spice makes everything better!
Thanks to Natural Grocer's having Live kombucha on sale for $1.69 a bottle all through September, I've been able to treat myself every now and again. I love the sparkling ginger! I plan on getting back into brewing my own again this fall. It's such a money saver, and I feel so hip being a booch brewer!
It's been cooling down here, I've actually had to wear a sweater the last couple of days. I hope it's for good. It feels so good to not feel scorched by the sun. Is it getting fall like where you live?
And here's everyone but Roxy having the best nap ever. It's hard dog sitting because I feel guilty leaving my girls to go be with Daisy and Ivy, and I feel guilty leaving Daisy and Ivy to go see my girls!





9 comments:

  1. I just love all the animals in your life. Such love around you. It's awesome. We have one more week of hot weather then a cool down. Can't wait. Glad it's cooling down for you. Gotta love Natural Grocers. Ours is about 40 miles away so I get to go there about once a month but always find good things when I do get to go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really am so lucky to have such unconditional love!
      The cooler weather feels so incredible! This morning when I was taking the girls for a walk I was so appreciative of the pleasant walking weather.The crispness feels great!
      I love Natural Grocer's clearance area. You can find some awesome deals!

      Delete
  2. I love the combination of mac and cheese with BBQ sauce things. They really go great together.
    Happy to hear that it is cooling down a bit for you! It is heating up here!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is such a great combo. I'm craving it again to be honest!
      I could not be happier for the cool down. I thought I was going to lose my mind if it didn't cool down soon around here!

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Daisy & Ivy!!!! You're like their Auntie Hillary now. They must love hanging out with you.

    Glad the temps are finally cooling down out there. I think we swapped with you guys - after an unseasonably cool summer, we're in the 80's all week going into autumn.

    Those lentils look awesome! What do you put in them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they like my company. It too Ivy longer to warm up to me, but she gives me kisses now and slept with Daisy and I last night.
      I couldn't be happier for fall. This summer really took a lot out of me. I hope it cools down for you soon.
      I just cooked the lentils plain, and when they were done I simmered them in some store bought BBQ sauce for about five minutes or so. Really good. They'd be good on a sandwich too.

      Delete
  5. Daisy & Ivy are so cute; that's great that you got to spend the weekend with them! Your dinner looks so good! Hooray for fall weather, and what an adorable cuddle pile! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh YUM! That BBQ Lentils and Mac & Cheese sounds and looks amazing!!!!

    ReplyDelete