Friday, January 12, 2018

Butternut Squash and Cashew Alfredo

I noticed some cans of pumpkin puree on clearance at work the other day and that got me thinking about a creamy pumpkin Alfredo type sauce. I resisted the clearance price though because I remembered that I had a can of butternut squash puree at home. This whole less waste thing is actually pretty easy, but it becomes a struggle when I see things on clearance! I'm glad I resisted because the butternut squash puree worked perfectly!







                                                    Butternut Squash and Cashew Alfredo

  • 1/2 Onion plus 5 cloves of garlic roasted
  • 3/4 C. Raw Cashews Soaked for at least 2 Hours
  • 3/4 C. Butternut Squash Puree
  • 3/4 Tsp. Salt and Pepper
  • 5 T. Nutritional Yeast
  • 1/2 Sprig Rosemary and Thyme
  • 1/2 Tsp. Crushed Red Pepper 
  • 1 C. Water
Add all ingredients to your blender and blend until smooth and creamy. You might need more or less water depending on your blender. Toss with pasta of your choice and enjoy!!
The roasted garlic and onion give it a really deep savory flavor. An the slight sweetness of the onion goes well with the sweetness of the squash.
Afro, Etta and Joan are kind of taking up the whole window, so poor little Kanye has to sneak a peak however she can!!





5 comments:

  1. This sounds so lovely. I wish we could get tinned butternut puree here. But I guess in the spirit of low waste, making it myself is the better option anyway. Creamy pumpkin things are just so good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. I realized this is the last can of butternut squash puree I'll use because of the can. Good thing this dish was so tasty!

      Delete
  2. That sounds seriously delicious! It looks so creamy and delicious. Love the kitties in the window :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so incredibly creamy and comforting!
      Aren't they the cutest!!!

      Delete
  3. YUM! Love the sauce! I have been doing different things with pumpkin puree in a can lately, too! I hope to try more and soon! This recipe looks great!

    ReplyDelete