Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Let's get physical! And a learn techie stuff update

As I've talked about already, I am on a mission of total health an most importantly self love. It's quite the mission. One thing I've really stepped up is my physical fitness. Luckily for me even in my most drunken of times I still tried to do at least 20 to 30 minutes of yoga a day. I've always believed moving you're body is important. But when I was not really taking care of myself, I think I "phoned in" a lot of workouts. So anyway I have not been taking it easy and I feel so much stronger. Today I walked to a little store to get some bananas and I felt all my muscles humming away and working together! It was a really great feeling! And I want to let anyone who might not know this because I only discovered this myself in the last couple of years that YouTube has pretty any type of workout you could ever imagine! Working out in a gym is not in my budget, or even something I would want to do. Trust me when I'm doing hip hop abs, I know I look like the biggest dweeb ever, but who cares? I'm having fun and definitely breaking a sweat. And I don't have to spend a lot of money on fancy gym clothes or shoes. For me anyway it's a win-win. I know that there are people who enjoy the gym, or taking  classes too. That's what is so cool. There is something for everyone! The great thing about YouTube is that there are so many types of every kind of workout you could imagine. And so many different types of  teachers or instructors. Back in the day when you would buy dvd's  sometimes after awhile it could get a little boring which for me anyway can lead to blowing it off or really just kind of half assing it. Plus I've been introduced to a lot of really great workouts. I mean hip hop abs is so great, and one of my favorite new to me workouts is Buti Yoga. Wow it's yoga, it's cardio, it's tribal dance! The first time I did it, I thought I was going to DIE! But I also felt really groovy. I find that after I do Buti Yoga, I feel very empowered as a woman. Let's hear it for hip openers! Just check out YouTube if you are too broke or too shy to go to a gym. There is something for anyone, I promise.  And now on to my mission of learning how to run a proper blog. I asked my co-worker if her boyfriend (who is a web designer of some sort) if he would give me a few lessons and how much will he charge. I only see her on Friday, so I'll find out in a few days. I really hope he will! I haven't asked my dad about one of his it guys yet. I'm afraid he might offer to help me, and let's just say his teaching style and my learning style don't really see eye to eye and I want to learn not cry or pull out my hair. So in the meantime I'm trying to teach myself while I can. To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment