Friday, June 18, 2021

Vegan Trader Joe's and Whole Foods Haul

 I have a small Whole Foods and Trader Joe's haul. They're both a bit random. I've had a really hard time focusing for awhile, but especially the past two weeks. I always say I'm not a meal planner, but usually before I shop I at least make a list of things I'm out of, or have some kind of idea of what I'm going to eat. This week I could only think of lemons, toilet paper, paper towels and cat food. Other than that my brain went blank. So I did the best I could, and we'll see what I come up with this week!

Tomato, coconut milk, hummus, fruit bars,frozen falafel, peanut butter, spinach, ciabatta bread, scallion pancake, Jasmine rice, tomato paste, lemons,carrots, blood oranges, garlic

If you guys remember, I tried Beanfields vegan cracklins and really, really hated them. And I love Beanfields chips! I just cannot bring myself to try any other brand but these are a thing, and I've seen a few people on the Gram rave about them!

My Whole Foods haul was delivered to me! Prime is my streaming choice, because I get more bang for my buck because of savings on both Amazon and Whole Foods. And they really helped me out on Wednesday. I needed toilet paper and paper towels in addition to regular food. It's been one hundred plus here already and I've been miserable. So, after perusing Whole Foods on prime, I saw that the 365 brand of tp and pt aren't really much more than what I usually buy at Smith's. If you're a Prime member they will deliver Whole Foods groceries to your door!! No fees other than a five dollar tip which is optional but of course I chose to tip. I would have had to spend $2.50 to take the bus, and believe me the $2.50 extra was worth the savings to my soul to not have to take the bus and not have to walk in the relentless, blazing sun! And I got my groceries an hour and a half after I ordered!!! Honestly, this summer is really unbearable already so next time I might start doing this like once a month or so. It was really, really nice and Whole foods can be affordable if you avoid all the vegan specialty stuff. This week they had tofu on sale of eighty cents!!!

Well, to give an update on the never ending construction saga, Wednesday was the day I couldn't use my shower all day, and the handy man did have to come to my apartment, and he made a very uncomfortable joke about watching me take a shower, but he meant watching the drain below but chose to make it gross and awkward when it didn't need to be. Like don't joke about watching women because that shit happens. And also it's just gross and icky to joke like that. So, Wednesday I was told the leak was fixed, then yesterday was told it still leaking!!!! So who knows who's going to come by this weekend. I wonder if anyone has thought of a plumber, because maybe this is out of the handyman's wheelhouse because this seems to be an issue. But what do I know!


3 comments:

  1. Are you #%?!&@ kidding me? They have not fixed that leak? And ew about that shower comment. This is absolutely ridiculous and I would be really uneasy having that guy back in my apartment. I am so sorry this has become an endless mess. Hang in there. Sending you happy thoughts.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you found a way to make life minimally easier on yourself. I decided to keep some things as delivery things after I was vaccinated, for similar reasons--life is just EASIER that way sometimes.

    Why do men think this sort of thing is funny? Or is it just the joy of making you uncomfortable? Gross. I hope things are fixed for you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WTF that is NOT OK. Why do men think this is funny? It is not. It is scary and threatening. Why are men at all? Honestly. I hope it gets fixed soon. I am sending that man a karmic punch where it hurts.

    I often thing about you catching the bus and carrying all that stuff around, especially in the heat. So I am glad that you were able to get your groceries delivered.

    ReplyDelete