Wednesday, June 30, 2021

Clearing Out and Trying New Things

 The condiment section of my fridge has gotten a bit out of control. I'm trying to go through the various sauces and dressings to use them before they go bad. I'm a sucker for a sauce, especially on sale!

I found this on sale awhile ago, and I don't love it. It's okay, but I'm not reaching for it all the time. The other day I wanted to make a noodle dish, and I decided to make some kimchi slaw to go on the side.


I just tossed the noodles in some garlic chili oil, added some baked tofu and had the slaw on the side. I probably won't buy the mayo again, but it's fun to try new things!


Awhile ago I was watching someone make pizza, and their crust had such a crunch that mine never gets. I noticed they were using bread flour so I picked up a bag and made this roasted garlic and broccoli pizza. What a difference the bread flour made! The crust had a nice crunchy outside, but it was still soft on the inside. I don't think I'll ever go back to all purpose again! Apparently bread flour has more protein than all purpose, so I think if I ever decide to try the Tik Tok washed flour seitan, I'll try with bread flour. 

This pizza was so good, I really should have tried to get a better picture, but my nerves were frazzled from renovation noises plus more handy men having to come in for the never ending drain issues. Yes, that's still happening. 


A few weeks ago I grabbed these as a treat/impulse buy at Sprouts. I wish I could say that I loved them, I really, really wanted to love them but they were just okay. They were very, very sweet. Like sweet is all you taste. It took me three days to eat one, and the other two are in the freezer for a rainy day when I need a serious sugar rush!

Last summer I discovered this peach tree down an alley near my apartment, and the other morning I saw some little baby peaches! I can't wait till they're ripe and falling off the tree. "Millions of peaches, peaches for me, millions of peaches, peaches for free!"



4 comments:

  1. But peaches come from a can? They were put there by a man!
    Sorry, I can't help it.
    I have so many flours in my cupboard, yet not bread flour. Though if I see a recipe that calls for it I will usually add a but of gluten flour to regular flour to up the protein content to a similar (I guess?) result.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness the drain saga continues?!?! Man I am so sorry. I can’t believe they haven’t called in professionals yet to fix things for good. Your pizza looks divine. I agree on the Divvies stuff - I did not like them either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When you lived in Seattle, did you ever go to Whidbey Island? I may be able to move there this September for 2 years and was wondering what it was like. Since you were a former Seattleite, your impressions of the area would be very helpful to me. Thank you for any information you can provide.

    ReplyDelete