Monday, December 30, 2019

Rice and Cats!

Last night I tried a recipe from The Asian Vegan Kitchen, I've been looking through the book, and I want to try most of the recipes! I have a million little bookmarks sticking out! I do need to make a trip to the Asian market for some ingredients.
But last night I had all the ingredients for the Thai red chili fried rice! The book calls for making your own red curry paste, but I had some in a jar so I cheated. I also threw in some edamame because why not! This recipe was really easy to make, but so freaking tasty! It definitely tasted like it came from a restaurant!!
This was so amazing! I don't know why I've never thought to use curry paste for fried rice! I'm going to make the basil fried rice sometime this week. That's also fro the Thai chapter, and used to be a favorite at Thai restaurants. Thanks again Blake, I think this book is going to be well used and loved!
This is what happens a lot around here. The stare down between Kiki and Bubba. Roxy is looking on from above. Kiki likes to sit in the doorway of the extra room which has become Bubba's room. I call her thug life now! Also, as you can see they are very close to their goal of completely shredding the couch!
These two were napping in some of the cutest positions yesterday! Keeping someone in constant check can be so exhausting for a girl!




2 comments:

  1. When I lived in Sydney my sofa was completely shredded by my three. Your's reminds me a lot of mine.
    I am glad you are enjoying the Asian Vegan Kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fried rice bowl looks so good; I can't wait to see what other dishes you make from that cookbook! I love how Roxy is just observing the staredown haha!

    ReplyDelete