Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Catching Up!

Sprouts Market was having another amazing sale over the weekend. I got all this stuff for eleven dollars! I got blueberries, strawberries, three avocados, three limes, two red peppers, five and a half pounds of red and Yukon gold potatoes, bulk Jasmine rice and bulk sea salt. I always assumed Sprouts was a more expensive store, and some of the stuff is pricey, but this summer they've been blowing my mind with their produce sales. I've been able to eat much more fruit and veg this summer thanks to them.
My standard Trader Joe's haul. I've been loving the fruit frenzy bars. Those and the frozen lemonade have been all I want this summer. I can't remember the last time I've had chocolate. Like even that monthly urge for chocolate has disappeared. I never thought that would happen!I never ever thought I would utter these next words, but I seriously am over summer. I think if I had a car it wouldn't be so bad, but trudging around in this heat is hardcore. And a lot of bus stops have no shade, so it's just really intense. I used to see the sun as my beautiful friend, now it's shifted more to that toxic, abusive friend you kind of have to deal with on a daily basis.
Here are a couple of delicious meals using my Sprouts potatoes. I almost always buy russet potatoes because they're the cheapest. Sprouts had red and gold potatoes two pounds for a dollar so I indulged. I much prefer red and gold potatoes so this was such a treat. Chunky skin on wedges with smoked paprika and garlic powder on top, and below the same wedges with baked BBQ tofu nuggets. Delicious.
I got this booch on sale at Natural Grocers for $1.10! I could hardly believe my eyes. It was very delicious and of course refreshing!
And here's naughty Joan stealing my spot as usual. She lets me know when she wants this chair. First she starts using whatever part I'm not sitting on as a scratching post, then she jumps up and tries to sleep on the unoccupied part, and slowly stretches herself to give me less room until I finally give up and move somewhere else. She is not shy about letting her feelings be known.
I'm slowly coming back. This month in two weeks will be my one year anniversary of moving to SLC and I have mixed emotions about the move, and living here. I haven't bonded and don't feel a connection to this city at all. I feel like I am a Seattle girl in my heart, so it's just a strange time emotionally, and I've just been doing a lot of reflecting. But I hope to start posting more and getting caught up on comments, and other blogs and all that very soon.



7 comments:

  1. Seems like you are doing better than ever in SLC after following you from Erie to Seattle. Thought this might hopefully give you a chuckle

    http://www.theonion.com/video/salt-lake-city-hoping-to-boost-tourism-by-remindin-36743

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving Sprouts! Ours just opened a few weeks ago, and it seems much cheaper than Whole Foods, esp on produce!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You find such great deals! I can never find prices like that. Gotta love NY. Great haul as always and I'm so jealous of the kombucha! I really need to find it. Your potatoes look like perfect as always :)

    Sweet Joan <3 I'm glad that you are starting to feel better. I know how hard it can be to pull yourself out of dark times but I know you'll get there. You always know where to reach me if you need me. Sending you lots of love and hugs! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that Joan knows how to get what she wants. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great hauls! Your potato dinners always look so good, but especially with the BBQ tofu, yum! Joan sounds quite assertive, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love health food stores that actually have sales!
    The sun might suck but at least you know you are still getting vitamin D! My Mom was a nurse in Saint George Utah, which is in the south. Even though everyone lived in a desert, many people were deficient in vitamin D. They just stayed inside all day! Maybe you could get an umbrella to block the sun?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those potato wedges are PERFECT looking!

    ReplyDelete