Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Laughter is the Best Medicine

                                                                                                                                       
Remember the other day when I shared the SNL clip, and I said Kate Mckinnon was the funniest person? Well, this is one of the first clips I saw with her and I couldn't stop laughing. I've watched this a million times and I die every time. And no one in the skit can keep from laughing, especially Ryan Gosling. This is my go to clip when I need to laugh. I think genuine laughter, like the kind that hurts your stomach is one of the keys to good physical and mental health. It's such a release, and it just feels so amazing. I really appreciate and admire comedians.Seriously, if you have five minutes do yourself a favor and watch this.
Here's one of my little comedians, Roxy. I had just washed my dish drying towel, and Roxy figured she'd be the first thing on it. When she's sleeping like that, how on earth could I think about asking her to move?  So dang adorable.
Here she is enjoying the cat cave. Etta likes to sleep in the side with the door closed. I finally figured this out after one day frantically searching for her, and not seeing her anywhere. And of course we all know how awesome cats are at ignoring us when they want to.
And of course even though they have fresh, filtered water at their disposal, Kanye and Roxy just had to drink some of my water for rice. Le sigh.
Speaking of rice, I had a delicious rice and tofu bowl for dinner. Rice bowls are like soup in that you can add a lot of different veggies that may need to be used up. I baked some tofu and added the rest of the watercress and cabbage I had laying around wilting. I also had a perfectly ripe avocado that got thrown in the mix. I love rice and avocado together, such a good pair. I made a spicy soy sesame sauce to drizzle, and called it a meal.
Also, watercress and avocado taste delicious together. Who knew! I think it's a shame that watercress isn't more popular, I really enjoy it. You don't even see it that often at regular groceries.
Fall is finally here in SLC. The leaves are turning, and the temps are dropping, which is both good and bad. I like the relief from the intense heat, but I don't want winter. I'm going to try and remember my camera this week as I'm out and about so I can hopefully get some pretty pictures of the leaves changing.
Happy Tuesday!




10 comments:

  1. Roxy is such a cutie! That first photo is just too adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. I can't stand how cute that picture is!!

      Delete
  2. I love watercress too. It makes really nice soup. Just fry an onion and garlic, add stock and a diced up potato and then a bunch of watercress once the potato is cooked. Add some cashews to the blender to give it some creaminess and season with salt and pepper. It's one of my favourite soups. I love that picture of Roxy on the dish towel. She looks like she is doing yoga and resting in child's pose!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to make watercress soup for sure. I feel like I've been reading about watercress soup for forever.
      I know, she sleeps like that a lot, and it's just so freaking cute.

      Delete
  3. Oh my gosh. Roxy is slaying me with that cute little face plant into her paws!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I can hardly stand it when she sleeps like that!

      Delete
  4. Awww, Roxy looks like a little kitten in that first pic; how cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it's funny how little she looks. She loves sleeping like that, which means I'm always bugging her!

      Delete
  5. I wish my cat would be more adventurous like yours. My cat is pretty big (12 lb) and clumsy. In fact we had to take her to the vet once because she probably sprained something. The vet was like "eh, she probably just jumped further than she could and fell down when you weren't around" BTW he wasn't being dismissive, I told him she was starting to do better than when we first made the appointment. Anyways, our new desk has lots of snuggle space, just waiting for her, but it is too high. T__T

    BTW I randomly found this app and thought of you. It is primarily for dog sitting (including going to someones house to watch the dog) but they are expanding to dog walking. Thought of you:
    https://www.rover.com/?ref=header <-- main site
    https://www.rover.com/become-a-sitter/?bep=event%3Dnavigation-become-a-sitter&ref=header <--- info about becoming a sitter/walker
    It looks like they are in Salt Lake City- though not many people are there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dylan was kind of like that too, super clumsy. These guys are all over everything. Joan in particular is super graceful, and can jump pretty dang high from a complete standstill.
      I'll look into that app, thanks so much, that's pretty cool.

      Delete