Monday, May 18, 2020

What I Ate to Recover from What I Ate!

Saturday night after getting groceries, I definitely didn't feel like cooking. I decided to heat up the daiya pizza I found on sale.
First time having this flavor, really tasty, maybe my favorite yet!
Sunday morning when I woke up, my stomach didn't feel the greatest. I've noticed that if I eat a lot of oil based cheese my stomach kind of rebels. The frozen pizza definitely has more cheese on it than if I had made my own. It was still worth it!
Sunday I kind of took it easy with food in the morning. I didn't really want anything solid for awhile.
I started the day with some celery, ginger and apple juice. The ginger definitely helped settle my stomach.
Later I had some strawberries and made some carrot, orange and strawberry juice. The strawberries I got are only so so. For every one juicy sweet berry, there are like five very tart berries.
I've had these in my tea cupboard for forever! Every now and again I remember to take a couple!
I had a few crackers and cheese for a little pre dinner snack. I got the Treeline aged cheese on clearance at Natural Grocers for like three bucks! It's the aged cheese, so it's like a hard cheddar or something fancy like that. Nut based cheeses don't bother me thank gourd!!!
I love water kefir! Even though I make my own kombucha, if I see water kefir I treat myself!
This dish is the star of my day! Sticky, spicy tofu with brown rice and a salad with shitake vinaigrette. Here is the recipe for the tofu. You guys, I can't say enough about this tofu! It's sticky, spicy and sweet, everything he promises! I didn't deep fry my tofu because I don't deep fry, so I just baked it until crispy, then followed the rest of the steps. I already want to make this again, it will definitely be on regular rotation. This is one of my favorite YouTube channels too. He makes really delicious food with easy to find ingredients, and isn't super obsessed with superfoods, oil free, or expensive ingredients. Ten out of ten recommend this tofu!!!
I finished out the day with a raspberry Jolly Llama sorbet pop. Etta is happily making pink biscuits in the background!!










2 comments:

  1. I hate it when the strawberries are lousy. Sorry you got a bad batch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Strawberries are just coming into peak season here, and I just got my first box the other day when I made a rare outing into the world. I am really looking forward to them as they are my favourites.

    ReplyDelete