Saturday, May 23, 2020

Spicy Vegan!

Winco is my go to store when I need a random ingredient. It's a little over a mile from my place, and so if I need a few things it's easy to walk to and from. I'm really into not taking the bus as much as I can. I needed baking soda and peanuts for the squirrels yesterday, so off I went.

I found this sriracha seasoning, and I had to get it!! I'm just imaging sriracha dusted potatoes, and all kinds of stuff!

Impulse buys! I've been wanting to try this salad kit for awhile, but it's always too spendy for not a lot of food. Winco had it priced a bit more reasonably, so I got it! And I'm a sucker for BBQ chips!!!
I tried the salad for a late breakfast with a perfect avocado. The salad is a mix of iceberg, green leaf and carrots, and it has a little pouch with black beans, red rice and edamame. The dressing is a sweet chili dressing, and let me tell you it is definitely sweet. The salad is okay, but you don't get a lot for the price so I doubt I would buy it again. I'm also not a huge fan of sweet dressings. I never like a fruity vinaigrette.
Last night I made this delicious red curry cauliflower and red lentil soup. Look at how smooth and creamy it is! I made some tofu croutons seasoned with the sriracha seasoning!! Yesterday was day five million and one of grey skies and rain, so soup really hit the spot! It's raining again today so I can't wait to have the leftovers for breakfast!


3 comments:

  1. I'm a sucker for barbecue chips, too, but we'd part ways on the sweet dressings--I love a sweet salad! A sweet, citrus poppy seed dressing is one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet you will do all sorts of wonderful, too-spicy things with that sriracha seasoning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for a perfect avocado, and your soup looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete