Friday, May 15, 2020

Quarantine Food and Stuff



Some of my boring, go to meals. Tofu and red lentil curry and a tofu veggie bowl with spicy peanut sauce. I love these meals because they're easy to make, delicious and healthy. And curry leftovers are the best!
I've also been having tofu miso soup for breakfast. I add some red lentils for extra protein and fiber. I love to add hoisin to my miso soup. It adds such a nice extra flavor.
I finally switched it up a bit the other night. Buffalo tofu with salad and crinkle fries. Daiya ranch for dipping. This really hit the spot!
Last night I made a burrito bowl with yellow rice, black beans, lettuce, guacamole, green salsa and of course some chips for dipping!
It's been grey and dreary all week, and it's been getting to me. All this week I've had to really force myself to take my daily walks. As it gets nicer, more people are out jogging, taking walks, walking the dog, whatever. It makes daily walks less fun. The other day I realized I was spending more time crossing the street to avoid people than actually just enjoying my walk. I'm having a hard time adjusting to this "new normal."
Bubba is getting bolder! He saw the pink sweater was free and he claimed it! Kiki was very perturbed by this. He knows what a valuable piece of real estate the sweater is, so he napped happily for quite some time!






9 comments:

  1. The burrito bowl looks awesome! I do something similar sometimes. I'm a Mexican rice addict.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always do tofu bowls, it was nice to kind of switch it up!!

      Delete
  2. Tasty-looking quarantine meals. I'm partial to the burrito bowl :)

    If you're looking for another way to bake your next banana bread, using similar ingredients (oat flour and applesauce), and you want the bread to be moist, lightly dense, super-satisfying and overly-addictive, then you should try a simple water bath.

    Preheat your oven to 325 degrees. Place the bread pan into any larger pan you have available. Add about 1-1.5 inches of water to the larger pan. Use the oven rack away from the heating coils. If your oven has both top and bottom heating coils, place on center rack. Bake for about 1 hour or until the banana loaf is just about done. Use the toothpick test (it's okay if the toothpick feels a tad bit moist at the hour mark).

    At the end of the hour, take the bread pan out of the water bath and bake for another 10 minutes at 280 degrees. Remove from oven, and let cool for 10 minutes in pan before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.

    This will hopefully be the best banana bread you've ever tasted. Please post a banana loaf update if you try this method and you like the results. Thanks and happy baking! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S. Cover the top with heavy foil (or two sheets of light foil) once the top browns slightly. Oven temperatures can be a little tricky sometimes, so just keep an eye on the baking and adjust with common sense. Good luck! ��

      Delete
    2. OMG, thank you so much for taking the time to give me these awesome tips! I have some bananas ripening right now, I can't wait to try this new method and definitely report back!!!

      Delete
  3. Your meals all look so good, especially that burrito bowl, yum!
    Way to go, Bubba!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have burrito bowls often enough!
      Bubba is really coming in to his own!!

      Delete
  4. Wow, Bubba, a bold move to claim the pink!

    Your 'boring' meals always sounds like they are anything but, so tasty and good! But always fun to mix things up a bit, which you have done well! I have never thought to add hoisin to miso soup. I love hoisin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always love adding hoisin to Pho, so one day I just decided to try it in miso soup, and it was so freaking good!!
      Bubba is getting bolder and bolder and I love it!!

      Delete