Wednesday, February 19, 2020

So Many Things!

I had to get some new jeans yesterday, the inner thighs have given up on my old jeans. So, I went to Sugarhouse which is a very nice neighborhood here that I could never afford to live in, but I love to visit! There are so many shops and cafes and restaurants! Even a Mellow Mushroom pizza which has vegan cheese and everything!
There is a very tiny Whole Foods that I ran into to see what new vegan offerings I could find! Like I said, this is the tiny Whole Foods, there's a huge Whole Foods downtown that I haven't been in yet. So, I'll start with the few new to me thins I saw, and then I'll show my small haul.
I would never want to try these, even if they were free. I think cracklins are the same as pork rinds, and I remember being near someone eatin pork rinds and the smell was enough to make me gag. I remember they kept teasing me and running the ba under my nose. Gag. But I'm glad these exist for people who crave pork rinds?
Vegan butter is booming!! I really don't bake or cook with butter so I never have it in my fridge, but if I did need butter for something I would definitely try The Forager Project butter. I love their yogurt, and the butter is palm oil free!!!
My jeans were forty percent off, so I treated myself to a few things for a belated Galentine's day gift to myself.I am trying to be my own best friend after all! The Miyoko's Roadhouse Cheddah is seriously one of the best things I've tasted in years. You know those sharp cheddar cheese balls that are rolled in almonds? I used to love those, and that's what this tastes like!
I picked these up at Winco the other day. The Wildberry Ginger is a new flavor from Brew Dr., and I love their booch. Plus, I'm always looking for new flavoring ideas for my own booch! This one is a winner!
The breakfast bites are just okay. I want to like this company, it's a woman owned all vegan company, but I've now tried their burgers, mushroom bites and now the breakfast bites and they're all just okay. They are all very dry, you need a sauce, and they are pretty high calorie for being small and having really healthy ingredients, and little oil.
Each tiny patty is ninety calories!! I guess you're meant to have these with other things, like a tofu scramble or something but I don't know, I just want to love but I don't!!
And finally, here's what I ate last night! Spicy soy curls and rice. I sauteed the curls in a little coconut oil, added chili flakes and tamari, and then threw in some hoisin. So delicious! I kind of forgot about soy curls for awhile, I'm glad I remembered them again!







4 comments:

  1. I agree with you on the Miyoko's Roadhouse Cheddah; it's amazing! Your spicy soy curls & rice bowl looks so good; I hadn't used soy curls in a while either, but I made chicken noodle soup last night, so I tossed some in and it was great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always use chickpeas for chicken noodle soup, and I definitely need to try it with soy curls!!

      Delete
  2. Yay for getting some fun finds, and for getting jeans on sale! My inner thighs love to destroy my pants!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think cracklin is actually intestines- not that it is any better. I don't get those deep fried animal part products. Yuck

    ReplyDelete