Sunday, February 23, 2020

Annie Oatly

I spend between thirty and forty dollars a week on groceries. There are some weeks when I'm broke and it's less, and other weeks where I can maybe splurge, but for the most part my budget allows thirty or forty dollars.
Since I got some great deals at Sprouts this week, I had about eight bucks to spare to take my total to forty dollars. I've been wanting to try oatmilk, and I found Oatly of all things on sale, as well as the daiya block. And I didn't know Treeline made cream cheese, so I had to get that. If Treeline were cheaper, all their cheeses would be in my fridge all the time!!
I did taste the cream cheese when I got home, and WOWZERS!! It's definitely the best vegan cream cheese I've tried! It's got the right amount of tang, and the texture is exactly how I remember real cream cheese, not whipped or anything weird being. Treeline, you've outdone yourself!
I've had so many people recommend this Annie's boxed mac and cheese. I've been so let down by all the brands I've tried so far I kind of didn't believe anyone. But since Sprouts had this on a buy one get one sale, I decided to be brave.
I had a long day yesterday and didn't feel like cooking so I whipped some up. I used the Oatly milk as my milk and it worked out perfect. I was blown away by how much it resembled Kraft!!
I was pretty blown away by the taste! I really liked it. It was nice and cheese-y. But not that fake cheese-y like daiya. I remember years ago trying the Earth Balance boxed mac and cheese and it was so fake tasting I couldn't handle it. I don't even think they make it anymore!
I really enjoyed this, and I will definitely buy this again. It's a great comforting, fast and easy option when you just don't have it in you to cook!



4 comments:

  1. Yay! I am glad the Annie's worked out for you. Finding a box mac and cheese that you love can be so hard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this was the last chance for me. I really thought I would hate it!
      Homemade is still best, but I like this for days when I feel blue and need something comforting and quick!

      Delete
  2. That's wonderful that you were able to treat yourself to some nice goodies! Your bowl of vegan mac looks super delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you ended up liking the macaroni! I don't get it often but I do like it a lot better than Daiya, too.

    ReplyDelete