Friday, February 7, 2020

More Snow Day Eats!

Yesterday was yet another snow day! I had the day off (so lucky) and I was originally going to run some errands, maybe get some groceries, but there was no way I wanted any part of trudging through that mess! So, I just stayed home and cleaned, decluttered and did a face scrub and mask followed by an Epsom salt bath.
I started my day with celery, apple and romaine juice. I feel so Instagram worthy when I start my day with a green juice!
I had one slice of avocado toast, and one slice of  with some Treeline cheese I found on clearance earlier this week. My last two slices of too expensive gluten free bread!!
I needed some energy for decluttering so I made a matcha latte! I don't have a whisker or brush or whatever I see people use when they make a proper matcha tea, so I just whiz it in the blender for a few seconds and it makes a nice frothy drink.
Raspberry lemonade kombucha!

I've been feeling a bit down and I wanted to make something tasty for dinner even though my fridge is pretty bare. This beauty is from Some Like It Hot by Robin Robertson. It is the Broiled East Indian Tofu with Curried Vegetable Pilaf.
I had to make a few substitutions based on what I had, and it was still delicious! The tofu is nice and garlic-y, and the rice is flavored so well, I really like the spritz of lemon at the end!



9 comments:

  1. What a terrific way to blend your matcha! I usually just add it to smoothies, but I tried to make a cup of hot matcha (with oat milk) the other day and it was a spectacular fail! I did try to blend/froth it with a regular whisk, but it definitely did not work. That stuff just sunk all to the bottom and it was like drinking a sludgy cup of Turkish coffee at the end. Thought I was going to have to break down and buy one of those bamboo whisks. I'm going to try the blender next time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was always my problem with matcha, the second half of the cup! I forgot to say that I blend it with a little of my creamer. It comes out like a beautiful latte, and the match powder doesn't sink to the bottom!

      Delete
    2. I wouldn't bother with those whisks. I feel like it is just part of a fancy pants ritual, not anything in particular with quality. (sorry to all those zen buddhist monks who would be to differ that are reading this blog lol) I think I had the best results with non-gritty matcha with a blender too!

      Delete
    3. I always kind of suspected the same thing about those whisks!!!!

      Delete
  2. Your dinner looks really beautiful! I love a good curried pilaf.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'll definitely be making this again!

      Delete
  3. Staying in and having a potter/declutter/care day sounds perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you were able to enjoy your snow day! Your dinner looks so good!

    ReplyDelete