Saturday, February 15, 2020

Small Trader Joe's Haul

I had an early morning shift yesterday, so I got off mid-morning and decided to go to Trader Joe's for some groceries. I thought I'd be safe on a Friday. I forgot it was Valentine's day, so the store was packed and I didn't get half of what I wanted/needed to get. I just grabbed the basics and couldn't get out soon enough.
Water kefir,tahini,refried beans,cucumber,tofu,onions,lemons,BBQ chip things, Miyokos cream cheese, butter lettuce,celery,carrots,lime popsicles, fruit leather buttons,coconut oil, pink lady apple,coconut milk, coconut creamer Joan snoopervising
These are so freaking good, it was almost worth the anxiety and crowds!! BBQ chips are my favorite, but a lot of them are real let downs. Either too mild of a flavor, or some really pack on the smoke flavor way too much. These are perfect and the right amount of smoke. Ten out of ten!!!
I also ran into Smith's for cat food and of course to check out the clearance items, and look what I found! I have never tried Sir Kensington's anything because the price is too high for me. But when it's on clearance I can't resist!
These were my Valentine's day gifts to myself. My favorite flavor of water kefir, and a pink grapefruit candle to go with! Enjoyed while taking a hot bath!
I tried some of the mayo with my favorite stress meal, fries!! I had some salad for balance! The mayo is really tasty. I don't know if it's worth the high price when not on clearance, but it is really tasty and the mayo has a night texture too.

























6 comments:

  1. I'm glad you got to try something new! I'm the same with a lot of foods. But fortunately, clearances exist!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no, Valentine's Day crush. Blah. But glad you were able to still get some of the things. And looks like Smith's treated you well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who knew Valentine's day was such a shopping holiday!!! it was almost like Thanksgiving!!!
      Smith's did treat me well!!

      Delete
  3. The BBQ chips sound great, and I'm sure the grapefruit candle smells so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes it surprises me which places get busy for holidays! Like I remember having to run to the grocery store for sugar or something on Christmas Eve and was shocked how packed it was.... like I just assumed it would only be weirdos like me who ran out of something, but it was clear people were straight up buying things for parties and xmas day dinners.

    ReplyDelete