Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Hauls and Things

Bonus kitty feets!
Yesterday was my grocery day and before heading to Trader Joe's I stopped by Natural Grocers for Epsom salt and Nag Champa. I found vanilla almond breeze on clearance along with some vitamin c packets for water. I also picked up some oats and this new to me coconut yogurt that I have been super curious about. They had it on sale so I decided to try it. I haven't been having yogurt because plastic, but this is a bigger tub with a lid so I can reuse the container.
It's really, really thick. It's probably very similar to Greek yogurt. It's also fruit on the bottom style which used to be my favorite!! It's super rich and not too sweet. I made some overnight oats to take to work, and I added a little of this to the oats. Yum.
I saw this jar of Just Mayo at Natural Grocers too. I like their new packaging, it's very modern. Also eye catching! And I also love the Just for all sign. Very welcoming.
I also saw the new spring flavor special edition GT's kombucha at Natural Grocers. I'm a big fan of their special edition booches. I didn't get it because budget but I will definitely try it before it goes away! Last night at work I read a comment from Amber suggesting this flavor! I love the name more than anything, Bloom!
I got most of my usual stuff at Trader Joe's. My staples. Once again it was a complete madhouse (on a Tuesday!!) so I was happy to duck in and out very quickly.
The one stand out item for me is these Albert Bartlett potatoes! When I did my first potato cleanse back when I lived in Seattle(sniff sniff) I remember someone I watch on YouTube was also doing the cleanse and they had these potatoes and I remember wishing I could find them. I will let you know if they are more amazing than regular red potatoes.
This little baby tree seemed to bloom overnight. Spring is such a hopeful full of life time and I love seeing all the signs of life and breathing in that fresh crisp air.
 I'm off today and I want to wash my sheets and duvet cover. I don't see them moving anytime soon and I don't have the heart to move them!










14 comments:

  1. Oooh, I've been wondering about that yogurt! I loved fruit on the bottom style as well. I must try! And I tried the winter GT's on your rec and loved it. Can't wait to try Bloom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The yogurt is soooooo thick! I want to maybe experiment with a yogurt cheesecake style recipe because it's so thick and rich!!
      I can't wait to try the Bloom booch myself!!

      Delete
  2. That Bloom kombucha sounds amazing! I wish we could have a flavour like that here. Ours are all fruity or ginger.

    So many beds in the world, unwashed, or unmade, because cats are too comfortable to move!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gt's has been killing it with the seasonal flavors lately. Hopefully as kombucha keeps getting more popular you'll get more flavors? That seems to be the way it is here.
      My be hasn't been properly made in over a year!

      Delete
  3. Natural grocers is awesome! Great find on the yogurt, i’m sure it was perfect for the overnight oats :)
    Now i’m very curious about those potatoes, i love red potatoes just boiled with some butter and whatever herbs or scallions.
    It’s odd i bought the GTS limited edition twice last season, first one i loved soooo much i bought another but the second bottle was waaaaay too floral- like perfumey too much. I just ended up mixing it with my own ginger lemon batch but as is it was weird the flavor was so different from the first bottle
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Bloom kombucha is very mild with a subtle blend of elderflower, jasmine and violet. Drinking it feels very smooth and so incredibly relaxing. It is not tart and there is no vinegary taste. It has just a hint of fresh spring flowers.

      The Watermelon Wonder was my favorite GT flavor until this one came along. It sold out so quick at my Natural Grocers that I’m in a bit of a panic on whether they will restock. Yikes!

      Delete
  4. Thank you for your email, made my day :) I've been poorly last few weeks but will reply soon. I love Coyo. It is popular here along with another similar one called Coconut Collaborative. Great idea to put in overnight oats. I also like it in chia pudding. Don't know if you're into chia but could be a good snack to take to work. I like this recipe
    https://www.lucybee.com/coconut-oil-recipes/index/overnight-festive-chia-pudding/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the Coyo so much! I want to experiment with a yogurt cheesecake type of thing because it's so thick.
      I do like chia pudding and was thinking of that as another snack idea for work.
      I hope you're on the mend!

      Delete
  5. Looks like some great hauls, and I love the pink tree! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excuse the interruption . . . your friend HCH is about to go to Costa Rica to do Ayahuasca. This was my experience . . . it wasn't positive. Maybe you can talk about this dangerous trend in the vegan world.

    https://www.reddit.com/r/Ayahuasca/comments/7tmv8e/negative_side_effects_after_doing_ayahuasca_and/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually don't watch HCH. I stoppe watching her over a year ago for various reasons.
      As far as Ayahuasca, I have barely heard of it so I definitely wouldn't feel comfortable writing about it.

      Delete
  7. Love your haul posts and your whole site is just very helpful.Pretty much check it regularly and also love your recipes.More please😊 Isabetta

    ReplyDelete