Saturday, September 1, 2018

Mofo Day One!

I can't believe it's September already! That means it's another Vegan Mofo! I missed last year but I'm happy to be joining in this year! If you're new here, my name is Hillary and I've been vegan for around nine years. I was vegetarian before that, and one day I picked up a Peta flyer that wasn't graphic, instead it explained what really happened in the dairy and egg industry. I made the decision that minute to go vegan and I've never looked back. I'm super passionate about breaking the myth that vegan food is complicated and expensive. And while I'm at it I like to break the myth that cheap food has to be dry, boring and depressing. So For my Mofo I will be focusing on budget. Budget meals and any tips I can think of. I've looked at the prompts and there are a few I might follow, but for the most part I'll be focusing on all things budget!
I also live with five cats. It's really their apartment, they just let me live here and pay the bills, clean up and buy food. It's a very wonderful arrangement and I wouldn't have it any other way!

11 comments:

  1. Hi Hillary. This sounds exciting. I'm not vegan but interested in learning about it. I found you on www.veganmofo.com/2018-blogroll/. ~Jaidyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jaidyn! This is a great month to learn about veganism!!!

      Delete
  2. I'm excited to see what you cook up for the month ahead! Rock on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Vegan MoFo; so glad you're participating this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Mofo to you too!! I'm so excited for this year!

      Delete
  4. Yay, happy MoFo!! So looking forward to your posts!! I can't wait to hear all of your budget tips because you are a budget queen! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Thank you!! I'm super excited for this year!

      Delete
  5. Happy VeganMoFo! I'm looking to save some pennies, so I'm really looking forward to your theme!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy vegan Mofo to you! I hope I can share some helpful hints!

      Delete
  6. Hurrah for MoFo! I am only just starting to catch up on reading blog posts. Looking forward to seeing yours!

    ReplyDelete