Sunday, June 26, 2022

Small Smith's Haul

Red lentils, baby red potatoes, vegan deli slices, salsa, green onion, English muffins, vegan yogurt, onions, Impossible sausage, vegan oyster sauce, strawberries, oranges, white beans, taco style beans, soy sauce, soymilk, hokkien noodles, hot and sour soup (both clearance)

 I went to Smith's this morning for a few groceries. Last week I was unprepared or I should say I just didn't prep anything because it was my first week and I was too nervous to think about food. I relied on microwave frozen burritos that I found on sale. Most of them tasted okay, but I don't like that soggy texture. Dare I say moist? (cringe) Since meal prepping never works for me, I'm going to make a few things for easy lunches, and I'm going to prep a few things for easier cooking. If I don't have to dice an onion and mince garlic I'm more likely to make an actual meal for dinner. I think making meals for myself, and having tastier food will help with my overall mood and mental state for my second week.

Betty's first cuddle!!


Out of all the girls, Floofy has been the most receptive to Betty, but this was a first! I'm not sure who was there first, but they were like this when I got home from the store! Progress happening all over here, as we regress as a country!


3 comments:

  1. I so agree that a simple homemade meal can make a world of difference in how we feel. I'm glad you're still trying. Unfortunately I think America is in for a long, unpleasant descent for a very long time. But we'll keep trying to have some optimism for the future, even if that only means onions and garlic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi I hope week 2 is going much better and your meal prep is serving you well. And you have a holiday weekend- so you get Monday off! - Sri

    ReplyDelete