Saturday, July 2, 2022

Week Two Done and Dusted!

 I made it through week two! I was actually doing work too, not just training. I was entering order numbers with instructions into two or three different programs, all while using two monitors!! I can't believe these words are even coming from me! I'm sure next week they'll up the difficulty a bit, but I'm not as anxious as I was, because I never thought I would be able to figure out what I was doing last week, but I did. I really surprised myself to be honest. 

The biggest accomplishment for me is that I didn't give up before I even had a chance to fail. I've done that so many times in my life. I'm really grateful that everyone in the office is so nice, and I guess I feel safe. I've felt a lot of things at other jobs, safe isn't really a normal one for me. It feels nice. 

I'm still struggling with meals. Even though my job is only two and a half miles from where I live, I have to either walk or take two buses, so my commute is close to an hour. Isn't that dumb/ If I had a car it would be ten minutes, fifteen tops. 

I made a cold potato salad with white beans for protein last week to take for lunches, but it is so freaking cold in that building I struggled with a cold meal. I need warm lunches! 

I didn't know these existed until I stumbled across them at Winco at a really great price. So far Amy's are the best and least soggy frozen burrito. 

I'm going to make my own frozen burritos this weekend. One of the many perks of an office job is a three day weekend! Even though I don't really feel the Independence vibe as a woman this year. So, my celebration will be trying to cook some delicious food for myself. 

The only bad thing about working Monday through Friday is that I don't see a trip to Trader Joe's in my future. Luckily Smith's/Kroger?Fred Meyer has gotten really vegan friendly over the years. 

I'll be back tomorrow with a little Smith's haul. Hopefully some deeper thoughts too. This week has been pretty great, but I did have someone hurt my feelings and the loneliness and needing a hug or something was strong for a few days. I'm still a little foggy today, but feeling better.

Thanks again for reading and all the kind words!
 

4 comments:

  1. Wow I second Susan - so proud of you! You are knocking it out of the park! Sorry about the hurt feelings. Hopefully your lovely coworkers will become confidants soon. Hang in there. - Sri

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you feel safe at work. That's a good feeling and a good sign! Sorry your commute is so long.

    One thing I do for myself with a cold lunch if I'm feeling cold and averse to it is I make a cup of hot tea to have with it. It makes a huge difference.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you are hanging in there, with some positives these past couple of weeks. Regarding your distance to work: Is cycling a possibility for you? Have lived in the UK where I cycled to work 5km (about 3 miles-- x 2 for the return trip) every day. We chose not to have a car, so I shopped within walking distance (a couple of miles) with a daypack or, eventually, I used a shopping trolley (big stigma in the UK about using a shopping trolley, but I could not care less about that once I realized how practical it was).

    ReplyDelete