Sunday, July 3, 2022

What I Ate and Will Eat

 

My first smoothie in well over a year! I still make a juice almost every day, but smoothies haven't been my thing. But something about the heat in the morning has changed that. I made this with some mango, an avocado, strawberries and pineapple. The avocado and mango made it really smooth and creamy. I'll definitely make this combo again. Summer is here, and we are starting the day out at eighty plus degrees and rising. Blech. 

After I cleaned and had my smoothie, I threw these potatoes in the oven for breakfast after yoga. I really wanted ketchup but only had veganaise. Still very delicious.


 Awhile ago I bought these instant noodles with curry flavor. The brand has a sesame flavor which I've had and are vegan, so I assumed these were too. But of course not. The noodles are vegan, the seasoning packet has milk. So, last night I used the noodles cold sesame noodles and added baked tofu, cucumber and radish. This was so easy, but it felt like I made myself something fancier. 
Bread, strawberries, watermelon, green grapes, green onion, tortillas, tofurky slices, chocolate covered quinoa, Bitchen sauce, avocado,chocolate, baby cucumbers,garlic hummus, peanut butter,Chao slices, tofu


 My haul for the week. Turns out Independence day weekend is a great weekend for cheap produce! Smith's has personal watermelons on sale for $.99 each! Green grapes and strawberries were also on a great sale!
The Quinoa crisps and bitchen sauce were on a woohoo last chance sale, so that helped a lot. I did regret buying two watermelons about halfway on my walk home. Although I'm happy they are only personal watermelons!
Today I'm going to prep my homemade frozen burritos for work next week. I have some rice cooling down, and I'm going to assemble and individually wrap them in foil so they're ready to go. I feel content and happy doing this little task. I've never really had a job where I get an actual calm lunch break. So thinking of stuff to eat has been fun. This weekend has been calming in that way. I've been puttering around doing little deep cleaning tasks and I find it soothing. And it's a good release of emotion. You can cry and scrub really hard and it's therapy and a Ms. Clean level scrub!

 
 
 
and creamy. I will defin

2 comments:

  1. You seriously scored on those personal watermelons, and kudos for carrying 2 of them, along with the rest of the haul. Impressed!
    I have the same issue with lack of inspiration, much of the time, to create worthwhile, delicious and nutritious lunches for work. Your burrito prep inspires. Here is a recipe site (not only vegan, but lots of vegan) which helps me when I run out of ideas. It also features my all-time fav eggless 'egg' salad recipe (read 'tofu salad'). Hope it helps: https://www.pccmarkets.com/healthy-eating/recipes/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vegan packed lunches were my main thing for blogging before the pandemic made them more of an occasional appearance. Burritos are great! You can vary them a lot, too, though I think my favorite is beans and rice because I'm boring that way.

    I love how produce becomes so affordable in the summer, but carrying two watermelons on a walk home is more dedication than I'm afraid I could muster.

    I, too, find at-home chores a soothing thing in times of emotional distress. I'm glad to see you pushing forward.

    ReplyDelete