Friday, July 23, 2021

Trying Some Trader Joe's Vegan Thangs!

 Years ago I had tried a scallion pancake when I was having takeout. Like so many years ago. Anyway, I remember loving the onion-y flakiness of it. I tried to make scallion pancakes myself at some point, but mine were just a greasy, oily mess and they kind of hurt my stomach. I've been dreaming of them ever since. 

Trader Joe's has scallion pancakes in their main freezer section, but they aren't vegan. Every few months I forget that I know they aren't vegan, get excited, read the ingredients and then feel sad. Well, on my last trip I noticed they have a tiny little frozen "What's New" by the ice cream, and they have Taiwanese scallion pancakes that say vegan right on the package!

They're so good, and easy to heat up. You just throw it in a pan for a few minutes each side, and bam you have a flaky delicious pancake!

Yellow curry soup with a pancake on the side. Better than takeout!


You guys, this stuff is so freaking good! I've been dipping lots of pita bread, and this morning I made a little breakfast wrap with seasoned soy curls, lettuce and lots of this humus slathered on a flatbread. It's $1.99 which makes it even better! Ten out of ten!


I finally tried these Lightlife smart tenders. I've been looking at these for years at Trader Joe's! They're basically a "chicken " tender with no breading. I just cooked mine in a pan on the stove top, but if you are a griller I bet these would be great for that! At Trader Joe's these were $2.99 for six. Not the best or worst price. For me, I'll just stick with tofu!


3 comments:

  1. Scallion pancakes are SO GOOD! You can fill them with tempeh bacon and a scramble for a breakfast taco. You can put deli slices on it, roll it up, and have a truly delicious wrap. You can cut them into wedges and serve them with spicy ginger soy curls for a kind of Asian nachos. I LOVE SCALLION PANCAKES!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man your recommendations look delicious! I have to get to Trader Joe’s very soon so I can enjoy these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some fun sounding things. I love scallion pancakes, they are just so delicious.

    ReplyDelete