Wednesday, July 14, 2021

Kind of Homemade

 

I found this on sale at Smith's last week. I've tried a few jarred curry sauces that I haven't loved, but I've also had a lot of Private Selection products that I have loved. I like to have little shortcuts like this so you can kind of half a half homemade meal. Does anyone remember Semi Homemade with Sandra Dee on the food network?

I simmered some red lentils and baked tofu in this sauce. It was a little sharp, like maybe too much citrus for my liking, so I added a little extra coconut milk. It was pretty tasty, and it was nice having the help on a day when I barely felt like cooking.

Seven out of ten, would buy again if on sale.



I made Singapore noodles the other night, but I didn't have enough curry powder so they were very mild. I can't believe I've let myself run out of curry powder! I hate cooked bell pepper, so I had mine raw on the side instead of in the noodles. 

Last night I baked some tofu and threw it in some flour tortillas with jalapeno, cilantro, radish and a spicy peanut sauce. This hit the spot, and reminded me that I need to think outside of the taco box more often!

I hope to try another seitan recipe today or tomorrow. It's this recipe, and I think it looks like it could be the one! I still haven't found a go to seitan recipe, so fingers crossed!

3 comments:

  1. Outside the taco box! :-) And I do remember that Semi Homemade show. Ha! Those Singapore noodles look soooo goood!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you find a good seitan recipe, let us know! I'm always so frustrated with mine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the curry powder in the bulk pack section for Natural Grocer. All your eats look so yummy and fresh. Good luck with the seitan. I found it freezes well too so I try to make extra to save for later.

    ReplyDelete