Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Hump Day!

Sprouts has all kinds of vegan candy in their bilk section, but it all contains gelatin. Which is unfortunate. I feel like even if you aren't vegan, the thought of bones and other yuk in candy should just be a no.
I couldn't resist and I picked some up. Since they're bunny shaped I assume these are only here through Easter. What a shame because they're really, really good.
I made some muffaletta hummus this week. I just blended some white beans, garlic, lemon, black and green olives and some pepperoncini together and added some crushed red pepper to the top. It doesn't look the prettiest but it's so dang tasty!!
I've been enjoying the hummus as a snack with gluten free pretzels, and yesterday I topped some baked potatoes with the hummus for an easy breakfast. Who needs expensive vegan sour cream when you have hummus?
Last night I made a Thai red curry with red lentils, potatoes and soy curls. Always and forever one of my favorite meals!
I went to Winco yesterday for some bulk rice and lentils, and there wasn't a green lentil on site! None in the bulk section, and none in the dried bean aisle! I guess in addition to toilet paper people are hoarding lentils!!!





2 comments:

  1. It is so strange the things that you can't get at some shops these days. I couldn't get any oats the other day! RUDE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bunny gummies are so cute, and your hummus potatoes sound great!

    ReplyDelete