Tuesday, October 10, 2017

What I Ate on a Day Off

I had yesterday off and since I'm still battling a cold and still trying to adjust to working nights I just stayed home and tried to take it easy. A great day for a What I Eat post! Too bad my food was pretty boring!
I had some oven fries seasoned with Creole seasoning for breakfast. I didn't have a huge appetite and I figured all the vitamin C in the potatoes would be good for me.
I had this Mystic Mango kombucha while I was puttering around cleaning my apartment. It's been awhile since I've had the mango. I forgot how delicious this flavor  is.
I took a detox bath with powdered ginger, Epsom salts and baking powder and made this carrot orange juice after my soak/sweat.

For dinner I had gochujang veggie soup with rice noodles and baked tofu. Noodle soup sounded really cozy and I knew the veggies and spice would be healing. This was so good and very very soothing.
I also had some Cherry Garcia for dessert. I find sometimes ice cream is important for self care!

So there is a day of boring but delicious food and drink on a day where I'm definitely not feeling like a human. I am feeling a little better today so I feel like the rest and nutrients really helped.

8 comments:

  1. That juice looks perfect! Thinking of you and your furkids!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The juice was so good! That's one of my favorite combos!

      Delete
  2. That looks like a great day of self-care! Especially that soup! And potatoes are always so comforting when you're sick. (AND ICE CREAM! YAY!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The soup really helped, and potatoes always help. And the ice cream helped sooth my heart!

      Delete
  3. That sounds like a wonderful and much needed day off! Breakfast potatoes sound great to me. Sometimes my day off is when my food is at its most boring- it's good to just listen to what your body wants to eat and when it needs rest. I hope you're able to kick the cold , that can really zap your life energy.
    Ttrockwood

    Ps
    This is very random but do you have a sleeping mask? Working nights i think you are sleeping in daylight hours, i swear when i got a sleeping mask my quality of sleep sky rocketed. Just whatever from the drug store works!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This cold is definitely zapping my life energy. It's just holding on for dear life!
      That's a great idea to get a sleeping mask. I definitely struggle with sleeping during the daylight. I also might need to get ear plugs or something. Those school kids are always waking me up!

      Delete
    2. Loon at your local drugstore or target or similar for a sleeping mask, the adjustable elastic strap kind is most comfortable. And yes to earplugs! Neither will cost much and you will immediately notice that when you wake up you feel 100% better. Can't tell you what a difference it has made for me!
      Ttrockwood

      Delete
  4. That doesn't sound like boring food at all, it sounds very good. I hope you are feeling better soon. xx
    I second the sleeping mask suggestion, I am very bad at sleeping if there is much light around, but a sleeping mask cuts it all out.

    ReplyDelete