Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Stopping Hanger

We have a checkout lane at work called Be Healthy, or Live Well or something like that and it has nuts and seeds and roasted chickpeas and such instead of candy bars and junk by the register. It's pretty comical and kind of doesn't go with the flow of the rest of the store. Anyway I noticed these dehydrated bananas and decided to try them for a snack. I do okay for the most part without a meal, but sometimes the last few hours are tough. I definitely get hangry. I've only had banana chips, not dehydrated bananas. They're chewy and really sweet so nothing like a banana chips! I don't eat dried fruit a lot but these were really tasty and they staved off my hunger until I got home.
For my late night after work meal I had some steak cut fries with Dr. Praegers kale burgers. I dipped my fries in A-1 and the burgers in yellow mustard. The kale burgers are definitely too greasy for my taste. It's strange to have a burger that is brimming with vegetables also be greasier than any vegan burger I've had. I'll be sticking to the Bombay burgers from now on.
Here's sweet Etta cuddling with me this morning. She likes to have about fifteen minutes of cuddle time with me in the morning. Then she hops off and does her own thing the rest of the day!!


4 comments:

  1. I have to agree with you on the Dr. Praegers - they’re not my favorite. I do like the Masala burgers from Trader Joe’s; have you tried those?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds strange for that burger to be so fatty. Not pleasant either.

    I know we already enthused about the banana things on instagram. But they are just very good. I like that they are sweet and a bit creamy, but not too sweet. I don't normally like chewy lollies because they are so sweet, but these are just the right sort of thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm gad that you found a good snack to eat at work to hold you over until you get home! Are they super sweet? I feel like bananas are already so sweet and then dehydrating them probably concentrates the sweetness.

    Aww sweet Etta! What a cuddle bug! I'm sure you love those 15 minutes :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have seen those Banana thingies but haven't tried them because...well...you know me and Bananas! LOL

    I'm having a similar issue with workforce hangeryness and I'm hoping to combat it with sprouts. I blogged a bit about that today! :)

    ReplyDelete