Thursday, October 5, 2017

We've Come a Long Way!

                                     
I'm always interested in non vegan's opinions of vegan food because vegans already love vegan food and are, well vegan. I really liked how genuinely impressed they all were with all the food, even a kale Caesar salad which can be a hard sell to some people. I also liked the reaction to using applesauce instead of eggs in the waffles. Like why don't we just do that? Isn't that what we all want to know? Anyway it's a fun, short little video that gave me some hope and cheer.
All summer I tried to find the new Ben & Jerry's flavors and had no luck. Well, the other night I was ringing someone up and I noticed that they were buying the seven layer coconut fudge flavor, so I checked our ice cream section and sure enough we have that flavor and the Cherry Garcia. It's so weird and random because as I mentioned the store I work at is very vegan unfriendly. It's definitely more of a junk food store. I've been feeling depressed, and fighting a cold so I decided to treat myself. It was actually on sale for $3.99 so I totally scored. I tried some last night when I got home and all I can say is YES!!! It's creamy and rich with so many fudge chunks, as well as cherries. And it has a great cherry flavor. Really amazing.

8 comments:

  1. I have not yet tried the B&J vegan ice cream yet. When it first came out, I collected up a bunch of coupons from the papers and, by the time it turned up at my local Stop n Shop, they'd all expired. I'm kind of notoriously cheap, so I can't bring myself to buy them now. You've tempted me now, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't have bought it if it weren't on sale to be honest! But seriously it is so so good. I think I might pick up the coconut seven layer flavor while they're still on sale.

      Delete
  2. What a fun video! Though I think I am the only person I know who doesn't like Gardein chicken, but so many other people love it that I am very glad it exists.
    I loved this flavour of B&J when I tried it, it is tied for favourite with the peanut butter cookie one. Though it is a VERY OCCASIONAL treat here given that it costs $17 for one tiny little tub... that is US$13.25 according to the internet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember that I lied the gardein chicken tenders but I wasn't crazy about the chicken scallopini. But I'm super glad non vegans liked it. Maybe they'll buy it at the grocery instead of real chicken!
      OMG that's so much for the ice cream! I cringe at six dollars a tub!!

      Delete
  3. I'm so glad you found the ice cream and on sale! That's a great price, it's seriously really pricey for the size of the container (Trader Joe's Cherry Chocolate Chip ice cream is delicious and a much better deal) but it's fun to be able to try it!

    That's a really great video!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right about the price. That's really the main reason I bought it. I think I might pick up the coconut seven layer bar while it's on sale too.
      And so true about the Trader Joe's cherry chocolate chip. The tub is double the size and $3.99 all the time!

      Delete
  4. I know what you mean about veganizing things! I've been reading about the history of cakes and there are SO MANY CAKES that didn't use eggs or butter. And it feels a little like "why? why do we keep using them!?" It is the same feels when I remember that soy milk is more expensive than cows milk. Like why? It is should in theory be cheaper!

    Score on the ice cream! I've been craving ice cream so much lately, and saw the Nada Moo ice cream and thought of you. Didn't get it though, trying to save some cash.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. I hardly ever buy plant milk except for canned coconut milk and when people buy it I gag at the price of some of them!
      I wanted to get Nada Moo the other day, but it's so pricey. That's why I'm sticking with the B&J for now because it's on sale at my job. It's still good though. Especially the coconut seven layer bar!!

      Delete