Monday, February 20, 2017

Love Your Fur Babies!

I had these delicious, spicy potato tacos for breakfast yesterday. I seasoned the potatoes with a little cayenne, garlic powder, smoked paprika and turmeric. I topped the tacos with scallion, shredded spinach, and of course hot sauce. With some potatoes on the side, ha ha. Really tasty and filling breakfast.
For dinner I made some oven roasted tofu and tried this pad Thai sauce I found on clearance for either eighty or ninety cents! I've tried a few pad Thai recipes over the years and they are never quite what I want. This obviously wasn't as good as what you would get at a restaurant made fresh, but to be honest it was pretty tasty and better than any of the recipes I've tried. And it didn't have a million funky ingredients either. Certainly not a health food, but not the worst either. I of course had to add sriracha because I am a spicy girl! I served it with baby spinach topped with peanut vinaigrette from Trader Joe's. If you haven't tried that dressing, you're missing out. It tastes so amazing on baby spinach!
I'm not a huge fan of the word pet, but today is National Love Your Pet day, so here I can't not show my fur babies. Of course I do that most days anyway!
Here's Etta and Afro/Brutus waiting for me to do yoga this morning. Unfortunately for them I did a new to me dance workout on PopSugar Fitness, and it was not a safe space to be anywhere around my feet!
Here's Joan and Roxy cuddling. I always love when I see Joan snuggling with someone because usually she's Miss Independent!





2 comments:

  1. Those potato tacos look incredible! Love the sweet fur babies, they always make me smile. I love the snuggles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing what you make. It is always food I like but always forget to make... for some reason. I should try and plan pad thai next week for dinner. One day I'll make some potatoes in the oven. I like them but I never think about it until I see you eating them XD

    ReplyDelete